Premiere League 2012/13

ciobha

Seeing as Brother BB mentioned it, I will oblige and get the topic started.

Another season is upon us, so who will come up trumps come May?

Unfortunately my beloved Liverpool will yet again be also rans, I don't even see them finishing in the top 4 this season (unless they buy Ibrahimovic, hey Seven). Rogers may do a decent enough job, but we are so far behind it will take years to claw back that gap, and I do not believe our owners will give any manager that time, so we will go in circles for years to come.

My money this season (christ I don't believe I am saying this) is on the United. Van Persie is a fantastic bit of business, and will probably give them an edge they didn't have last season. They need to keep Vidic on his game though, because Wio IMO is well past it, and Evans is as useful as a chocolate teapot!!!

City will push them, but perhaps that hunger and desire may not be there this season, and I reckon Balotelli will be booted out come Christmas.

My old Dad is an Arsenal fan, and he reckons top 8 will be an achievement for them without Persie. Chelski and Spurs will make up the top 4, but I suspect Everton may just push the last Champions league spot all the way.

So other than Dukie, anybody agree with my predictions??

• Upvote 1

Its been boring for years now .... whoever has the most money wins it .

Gone are the good old days when a team had a good season with a good group of players and could actually win it .

I agree. Theres no loyalty anymore. They're all whores. Paris Saint Germain seem to have an unlimited budget, some saudi oil sheik owns the team, bought Ibrahimovic from Milan a few weeks ago. I think they paid Milan 65 million euros. He's the 3rd best payed athlete in the world now. It´s gone to far. Its so offensive to read what these players earn when people are starving around the world. I´ve lost interest in football.

FFS, I am sorry I started this thread now!! :fool: BB I am going to kick you in the nuts.

Actually I fully agree lads, although I will always support/show some interest in my team, over the last few years I haven't really given a shit how they do. I used to go to 3 or 4 matches a season, but haven't been now for 4 years because I refuse to pay the admittance money to watch a bunch of "mercenaries" for hire, who couldn't care less about the shirt.

Its been boring for years now .... whoever has the most money wins it .

I agree. Theres no loyalty anymore. They're all whores. ...

Me three. I think the same is true of just about all professional sports on either side of the pond.

As for the Premier League specifically, I like footy myself (as distinct from American football, although I like that too), but curious if anyone thinks the season is a bit too long? August to May, or thereabouts, am I right?

I know with American basketball, I get bored with the NBA season. It seems like they play a 1000-game season for months on end, eliminate two teams, and then have playoffs that last for two more months. By then it's summer time, college hoops are long over, and who cares?

I almost got in a fight in a bar once, because I asked to have a television (one of five, I might add) switched from an NBA playoff game to coverage of the Giro D'Italia. ... -_-

Any footie fans feel the same way about the Premier League? Maybe it's just me. I get bored easily. Except with, well, you know ... :behind:

Any footie fans feel the same way about the Premier League? Maybe it's just me. I get bored easily. Except with, well, you know ... :behind:

Same there. The teams who can afford the best players will win. Forget history or team spirit. Robbi van Persie just singed up for Man United. Whore. Then when he's old and over the hill he can f**k off to the graveyards of football, USA ( Beckham) , Russia or some arab country where the new money is. PL is as boring as Serie A and La Liga.

I love baseball, the boys of summer, and NFL, but I'm under no illusion that money doesn't play a great part there as well.

NBA? I remember Kareem Al Jabbar in Lakers during my college :biggrin:

I watched a DVD recently of the Gothenberg team of the mid Eighties winning a European trophy with a team of part time players , old Sven was the manager too .

A team of carpenters and factory workers etc etc .... real inspiring stuff and what the beautiful game is all about .

Sadly that will never happen again .