Tattoos In Thailand

pdogg

The Sak Yant is usually performed by monks and is believed to bestow certain powers on the person receiving the tattoo. The Sak Yant is a serious Buddhist ritual and many Thai men undergo the pain of the ink being pricked onto the skin manually with metallic rods rather than by the usual machine associated with tattooists. Even that is a slight nod toward modernity; originally nails from coffins were used. The ink used in Yants is a mixture of Chinese or Indian ink and whiskey. Snake or scorpion poison and ashes from a cremation may also be added to the ink.

Many Buddhists believe in the power of the Yant. Some Yants are meant to protect against physical harm (Kong Grapan Yant) whilst others are meant to bring good luck (Maettha Yant), but it isn’t quite as simple as that. If somebody receives a Yant and does bad things then they will receive bad luck. The rules of the Yant are supposed to make people live their lives in a better way.

For the true believers there are numerous tales and evidence of the power of the Yant. There are stories about corpses where the body has rotted away except for the area where the Yant is inscribed. Old Khmer designs and patterns are all meant to have their own meaning and to become a Sak Yant master involves years of dedication.

Having Tattoos Misspelled – True or Urban Myth?

Many of us have probably heard a variation of the story about the backpacker who went to Thailand and got a tattoo done at the Full Moon Party on Ko Phan Ngan. The tattoo which he thought was Thai script for his name turned out to be the Thai words for ‘stupid foreigner’.

Whether that particular story is true or not, even Sak Yant masters have admitted they have deliberately misspelled the lettering for people who were believed to be getting a Yant without good intentions. If a Thai person can receive a misspelled tattoo then there’s every chance that some Westerners have also been on the receiving end.

http://pattaya-times.com/a6430-getting-a-tattoo-in-thailand

I have 5 spires (Ha Yot) on my chest carried out as described above with steel spikes by a monk.

The monk was laughing all the way through it and in his limited english every time he asked me if it hurt of course i said "NO" being a big butch ladyboy lover he would hit the spike just that touch harder,

Near the end i was ready to run but somehow manged to let him finish, but i looked like roadkill when he finally put his spike down, blood everywhere.

The monk actually shook my hand and said it was unusual for a farang to endure the ordeal, i think he thought we were all pansies.

After i got my thai mate to check it and it was spelt correct although a little slanted...that was 20 years ago and i still get shivers when i think of it....

• Like 1

• 9 years later...
19 minutes ago, Pdoggg said:

One attractive young lady at Kink Go go has a tat of Mickey Mao one one thigh,and Minnie Mao on her other thigh, sort of a family friendly look.

But turning around she has a tat that says  Fuck on her left butt cheek and Me on her right cheek. :sign0200:

photo please ............