Pattaya Ladyboys right now

JaiDee

I have been in Pattaya for almost 3 weeks now, by far the longest time I have ever spent in this city. I actually used to prefer Bangkok 'back in the day', but I kinda like this place now; very walkable, food choices galore, pretty cheap, and besides the problem with the Arab invasion even the tourists seem rather polite and I love the fact that I can hook up with tons of like-minded gents anytime I want. Had a ball with 2 great, well-read and interesting board members just last night, something I could never do while living on Koh Phangan these past 6 years.

I have been to 6 or 7 LB bars now, and have hung out on walking street a bit as well, and went into the Marine Disco once. One thing I have noticed about these Pattaya Ladyboys; NO customers! Could be because of low season, who knows, but I rarely see a Ladyboy with a farang these days; it is definitely a buyer's market at this time and I have to wonder how these girls even make enough to eat and pay the rent if they always go home alone.

Last night; Pook Swan bar, which had 4 or 5 real cuties, but only myself and my 2 mates for customers and we didn't take anyone. {In fact I have been under the weather for a while and not taking anyone; hopefully that will change soon}. Same deal at La Bamba, where I chatted with Nancy again but where no farangs were taking a girl; we then moved to Koyo and same-same; 15 or so ladyboys, 4 or 5 really sexy, but ending the night at 2am by themselves.

Ended up at 230am down by Hot Tuna on walking street, and while there were 10 or more sexy LB's freelancing right there, not one was even being chatted up by the passing throngs.

I hope these girls have some money saved [not very likely] ; based on what I have seen so far it's going to be a loooooong summer!

• Upvote 1

A good synopsis of the current state of play in Pattaya Jadee and by extension the tourist spots of Thailand in general no doubt. As you say the one advantage for the chaps is that it's a buyers market for the coming months, not that that will do the girls much good.

One of my mates has just come back, but last week he said it was very quiet, he walked past Pooks Swan on a couple of occasions and said there were no customers.

Yok from the Ezy days has been back in the village for a few months now but went back to patts last week, she only lasted for 1 week and has now gone home, she said what I expected to hear 'no customer'.

Im there in 10 days so will see for myself

Had a ball with 2 great, well-read and interesting board members just last night, something I could never do while living on Koh Phangan these past 6 years.

but you could do it this year--if we can just get Nancy and a friend to show up at bkk with their tickets in hand... :party0011:

meantime, i, for one, will not complain about having so few customers blocking my view of the lonely lovely ladyboys of pattaya. not to mention, we never had trouble finding an empty pool table. :party0049:

well, it is my personal opinion, so i could be wrong. But it is not only the low season and the crisis ( lack of money everywhere...) but also the fact that pattaya is boring after a few times you go there. This happens to me....after a few trips i just could stay 2 or 3 days in Pattaya, with the usual bars, usual girls and ladyboys...and this continuous request of money is really irritating..... i prefer to explore new places, with new faces and new opportunities.

I think that November and december this year will be with plenty of gg and lb unimployed.....

I have been in Pattaya for almost 3 weeks now, by far the longest time I have ever spent in this city. I actually used to prefer Bangkok 'back in the day', but I kinda like this place now; very walkable, food choices galore, pretty cheap, and besides the problem with the Arab invasion even the tourists seem rather politeand I love the fact that I can hook up with tons of like-minded gents anytime I want. Had a ball with 2 great, well-read and interesting board members just last night, something I could never do while living on Koh Phangan these past 6 years.

I think that sums up why the majority of us LB aficionados make Patts the destination of choice in Los. Patts for all its faults is the place to be to meet up with a constant stream of like minded guys I feel, with an unrivaled range of venues to suit one's mood on the night.

wish you were here also BB ......it would be nice to see you again after these past 5 or 6 years

so far I have met a great crew of guys, probably 15 all told, and all really cordial and friendly......part of the reason I came here was to do just that, I was tired of only chatting up backpackers and hippies all these years; feels good to deal with people my own age and who share my interests for a change.

I still have 4 or 5 LB bars to check out! Amazing how many there are in a city this small, actually.......

wish you were here also BB ......it would be nice to see you again after these past 5 or 6 years

Same here pal, hopefully some time in the next 10 months or so. I know what you mean about hanging out with like minded guys. A few times in Los I have been in the company of "regular" people and an LB passes and I have had to bite my tongue and not say "check out one of ours" which is my natural instinct in Thailand these days.

I was out again tonight.....stopped into Stringfellow's.....I must say, for this place you probably need to be ready to buy!

sitting and just viewing is kinda discouraged......the girls swarm you and make goo-goo eyes and sounds, grab your body parts, whisper sweet nothings in your ear, etc....frankly, from my point of view it's quite annoying. I much prefer La Bamba or Pook Swan, where the girls just mind their own business and if you want to chat one up you call one over and they will come. I got the impression in Stringfellows that they prefer buyers only, people who prefer to come in, barfine a girl and head right upstairs, drinking and hanging out be damned.

With that said it was nice and cool with the A/C blasting, low-volume music, and there was some good talent in the place, and more of "my type"; small tits, cute faces and not a lot of make-up like the hard-looking pro's at some of the other bars. All in all a decent place but I doubt I would go back unless the girls there somehow became less aggressive.

I was out again tonight.....stopped into Stringfellow's.....I must say, for this place you probably need to be ready to buy!

sitting and just viewing is kinda discouraged......the girls swarm you and make goo-goo eyes and sounds, grab your body parts, whisper sweet nothings in your ear, etc....frankly, from my point of view it's quite annoying. I much prefer La Bamba or Pook Swan, where the girls just mind their own business and if you want to chat one up you call one over and they will come. I got the impression in Stringfellows that they prefer buyers only, people who prefer to come in, barfine a girl and head right upstairs, drinking and hanging out be damned.

I concur. Not a place I've really been able to enjoy. I've had a few barfines over the years, but Stringfellows isn't a place (for me) where I can hang out and savor anything. It's the Drive Through Window of ladyboy bars - if you aren't ready to order when it's your turn, you're gonna get honked at big time.

I'm not familiar with Natcha but if TB recommends her she's probably just my style.

Spent time in Famous Bar again tonight......cool place, super-cool owner.......nice girls, A/C [this has become pretty much a necessity for me now, I don't like sweating in outdoor beer bars] and low - volume music [another must have, I hate headaches].

This place is VERY dead these days, I am always the only farang in most places unless I bring a friend.....the girls must all be starving! Punters, come along and save these girls from starvation or moving back to the country, Pattaya needs you!!

I'm not familiar with Natcha but if TB recommends her she's probably just my style.

actually DT, sorry for the misdirect. she is cute with an unusual and appealing look, but not the tiny sliver of hiplessness i prefer--and since it seems you and mr. duke ball every babe i ball--i'm gonna guess not exactly yours either. but she did seem to catch jaidee's eye as we left the place...although i was distracted by the curses being thrown at me by a dancer whose suggestion that i should buy her a drink -- apparently for old time's sake -- i chose to decline.

actually she caught my eye while we were IN the joint.....she looks exactly like my ol' buddy Noon from Cascades but with shorter hair and without that weathered, 3 customers- per- night look about her.

cute, but of course the ONLY one of the 15 girls in there who wasn't annoyingly bothering me and gawking at me like a piece of meat.....maybe when I feel better I will stop by and see her sometime