Taxis to Pattaya

duke007

Yes, I'm going to book the Bell Bus for the 19th (if they're not already full) and try and get a taxi or baht bus once I'm in Pattaya Bus Station. Pain in the ass this is. If I'd have known this I'd have put off travelling until the 20th.

Better get a hotel booked as well! Typical last minute planning.

http://www.airportpattayabus.com/faq.html

is a good alternative to the Bell Bus.

@ Redrock, I used to stay in North Pattaya near the Sabai Lodge a long time ago. IMO not the best location other than it being walking distance to Soi 6.

BB and I found palce in Jomtien Complex u might like, but I forget the name of the joint, maybe BB remembers or my memory will get jogged. In that case the Jomtien Bus is the way to go.

Adding to Wombats post.....

be informed that on April 19, 2012,

Bell Travel Service in Pattaya will not provide

a pick-up or drop-off services

between Bell Office and hotels in Pattaya

due to Songkran Festival in Pattaya city.

A service between Pattaya and Airport and Bangkok city will remain the same.

Passengers will have to manage your own transportation from Pattaya Bell office to your hotel and from your hotel to Pattaya Bell office.

The traffic will be quite jam and our bus may be late so we ask you to plan your trip earlier than usual. We will not be responsible for any delay or late for your trip.

We are sorry for this inconvenience and thank you for your kind corporation.

Bell Travel Service Team

Hi PD. I've booked the Bell Bus already and I'm waiting to get confirmation from a hotel on Soi Buakhow. I've stayed in Jomtien a few times and I've found it a wee bit too quiet. It's definitely worth visiting but - for the moment - I don't want to base myself there.

Looks like it'll be a baht bus from bus station to Soi Buakhow. I suppose I could walk it. Anyone know how far it is from the station to say..Tuk Com end of Soi Buakhow?

Hi PD. I've booked the Bell Bus already and I'm waiting to get confirmation from a hotel on Soi Buakhow. I've stayed in Jomtien a few times and I've found it a wee bit too quiet. It's definitely worth visiting but - for the moment - I don't want to base myself there.

Looks like it'll be a baht bus from bus station to Soi Buakhow. I suppose I could walk it. Anyone know how far it is from the station to say..Tuk Com end of Soi Buakhow?

Its quite a hike on foot Redrock with the Bell Bus drop off being on the bottom of North Pattaya Road, heres a map buddy

post-136-098460000 1334238834.jpg

The counter for the "Jomtien Bus" is right next to the Bell Bus.

It will drop passengers off at Sukhumvit and Pattaya Tai. Then you walk on the overpass across Sukhumvit and on Pattaya Tai there is a fast moving queue of baht busses since lots of people shop at the Sukhumvit Big C.

124 baht for the bus plus 10 baht for the baht bus. I use this service all the time.

Now I'm not sure what the traffic will be like on Pattaya Tai but traffic should be better on roads to/from the beach than roads parallel to the beach since Beach Road and 2nd Road are closed.

At any rate the drop off point on Pattaya Tai (South) is a few kilometers closer to your hotel than the Pattaya Nua (North)bus station.

My mate was going to use that 124 baht Bus option then get a motorbike taxi to his accomodation on the Darkside. :wacko:

I told him last night while we were watching the Wigan v Man United game in the Pub that hes arriving on the "19th" April, and motorbikes and Songkran dont mix

Ive only experienced the 19th in Pattaya once and it was madness.

Anyways, he has contacted a BM who is on the same Flight and they are going to share a Taxi with Mr Toom services.

You can contact MR TOOM's e-mail on toom39@msn.com or Tel: 0830178066 & 0814827148

He Charges 1200 baht Flat Rate from Suvarnabhumi to Pattaya.

................................................................................................

Theres also this link to Taxi Services and Buses

http://dancewatchers.com/Transportation_to_and_from_Pattaya_by_dancewatchers.com_luxury_condo_rentals.html

Utter, utter madness to try and walk this distance, on this day with luggage - its about 4 km's but the issue is you will be drenched within 100m of setting off - then you have another 4 km's of squelching through crowds similar to that like the first day of the Harrods sale. Given you have a case/bag - ironically you will be more of a target than had you been dressed in shorts and a singlet. If you do it, expect that walk to take you about 4 hours.

Your chances of finding a songthaew willing to take you for anything less than 500b is almost extremely remote. This is the one day where arriving or departing Pattaya is a mind numbing experience. To put it into context the whole of Sukhumvit Road is gridlocked the entire day and your not even in the centre by that point.

Didn't know that Songkran was on a different date for Pattaya. Every day I learn something new :)

Tell me about it, one year I stayed in BKK for the Songkran (13-15th) and had booked to stay in Pattaya from the 16th completely "oblivious" the Songkran carried for another 4 days there :blink:

I have enjoyed 3 Songkrans (in BKK) but getting "pissed wet through" everyday for a week was a bit too much for me, never again :sorry:

Tell me about it, one year I stayed in BKK for the Songkran (13-15th) and had booked to stay in Pattaya from the 16th completely "oblivious" the Songkran carried for another 4 days there :blink:

I have enjoyed 3 Songkrans (in BKK) but getting "pissed wet through" everyday for a week was a bit too much for me, never again :sorry:

Yikes! That'd ruin a vacation, that's for sure.