Newbar & Thaiger Bar Thread Reborn!

petesie

23 hours ago, bumblebee said:

Not sure about that, I saw her fun slap Sylvester in Delirious one night and I was surprised there weren’t stars spinning around his head afterwards…. mind you she was all dressed in leather that night so he had been warned :) 

Mona can slap me any day. :girl_devil:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Doris has a new bike!

She liked the new Honda ADV160 so we popped into the local Honda dealer who offered her a pittance for her 3 yo Vespa...thanks to our friend Alex from the Runway Bar we had a great offer from Mikes Motorbike Trade on the 3rd Rd toward Pratumak, instant cash & we went back to the dealer & picked up Doris's Special Edition Ironman ADVB)

image.jpeg.dcb283ec5a85eaa10afd2ec0c953cf42.jpeg

image.jpeg.cd942125b0d74fae2136a8ebc22e7e3f.jpeg

• Like 1

I took a wee womble up Soi Xcite; at long last this area is starting to show signs of life. Area 39 was in Tree Town until the landlord tripled his tariff so they did a moonlight flit to here where they continue to be rammed every night.

The younger Thai element love their craft beer, live music & good food well away from the Buakhao Bustle...good on 'em. B)

image.jpeg.67c76d158e52e16954392a1e124e642e.jpeg

image.jpeg.4985c15572ab0fb943c5071acc443956.jpeg

image.jpeg.d819ec2f23509a11f31006318a176c96.jpeg

image.jpeg.0dc9a327b4d21d8b3afdd4220d173f9b.jpeg

• Like 2

Good old night at Killer Pool, well attended & good to see some new & old faces...B)

I did bring the Fuji but left it's memory cards in the dock...duh! So phone snaps only...19 players first game, winner was Phil with Tanny nipping his heels!

image.jpeg.9cb559ee0e6261c6a11c5b44c148fe82.jpeg

• Like 1

Phone pics on the hoof...

As well as Treetown signs aplenty they've even did the tree in the car park...

image.jpeg.787a78d40c328e5ebe35d23ce326d84a.jpeg

Kiss Food alley was busy...& a new Subway for Thip Plaza

image.jpeg.ef70f6ac795623646d61809e7ffc8747.jpeg

image.jpeg.64fc3214603281996cfa037c099a6805.jpeg

Yes...they are among us...the Old Kebab man & the Old Weed Man...related? Mibbe!

image.jpeg.ada14e19742db6c8ad7c9d01f0644952.jpeg

image.jpeg.28242164db4ebb5d67f7fb3b314ae6e5.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Hi everyone,  I don't know if Petesie likes me to post this here and if he does not please Petesie hide this post or, if you can't hide it (not a club), ask mod1 to do it or move it to my recent TR thread.

I just want to say that Tanny (b&w pic above on the bike) has the raw potential to become the next Lily.  She certainly has the looks and the body.  What she has not developed yet is that diva way that Lily also only developed later on at TJs fostered by the good press she was receiving at LBP, which Petesie is in an even better position to generate for Tanny.

Those who think I may be exagerating let me remind you that prior to becoming "Lily", Lily was known as "Maya" and worked in a shitty bar somewhere in one of the sois I don't remember.  What I remember is that she was even younger and more beautiful but did not get the kind of attention she drew later on at TJs, including from me who had her as "Maya" but romanced her as "Lily."

I was in Petesie's gin joint 2 weeks ago and did not notice Tanny at first and paired off with one of the others.  Then I saw Tanny and kept looking her way and took some pics but the vibe she gave me is that I may be too old.  (I am starting to get that a lot lately.  It's a fact!).  From what I read at LBP (not much here) she is already the #1 producer at New bar. But she has not attained Lily-grade cult status yet.

There you go Petesie.  You got a gem.  Polish her and she will shine brighter than all others.

• Like 3

More quick pics...the Lengkee eateries are usually good quality & value, new kid on the block is Flame which gets good reviews. We use American Bar & Grill for our Chinky fix, excellent chicken curry & salt 'n chilli spare ribs!

image.jpeg.9f4a6c5f439b72d3aa678e1f40b05b50.jpeg

image.jpeg.9cb5a1acd4a4d3b55dd1929248b2ec3b.jpeg

image.jpeg.abb34211f3852d72db521383d2fad24e.jpeg

• Like 1

Regarding the American Bar & Grill for the Chinese food - I went there twice on my recent trip, first time the Chicken curry was excellent, second time it was almost inedible!!! Must depend on the chef of the particular night how good the quality is?

6 hours ago, ciobha said:

Regarding the American Bar & Grill for the Chinese food - I went there twice on my recent trip, first time the Chicken curry was excellent, second time it was almost inedible!!! Must depend on the chef of the particular night how good the quality is?

I think you might be spot on there Oh Baldy Wan Kinobbe, I've had the same experience though only on take away; eating in has usually been fine. 

My personal viewpoint is they started out well, built up a good well run business then sold it on taking their chefs with them after a 6 month period. Where 'Flame' is, that used to be Steak 'n Co; which has now moved into the old Smokin' Joe's location... the 'American Bar & Grill' was the Hungry Panda.

Having used them all over the years I've seen the deterioration each time they've revamped the business & sold it on.

There's a reason why the Beefeater is still the best steakhouse in town & packed every night; consistancyB)

• Like 1