Pattaya Prices 2023: The New Normal

Rom

I came across on my FB this succinct compilation of current prices for standard mongering rates in Pattaya, and I must say that, from what I observed last January, I broadly agree.  I pretty much paid all the rates quoted (beers, barfines, STs,...) except I managed to get LTs cheaper (1.5K-2K).  On the other hand, I spent a bundle on my LTs club-partying with them as part of the LT ...

At first I was going to post this update in an ongoing existing thread, but then thought it deserves its own thread here in the Romscars Club so I can come back and provide further updates.   There is no point in looking back.  The 500 barfines for hot gogo spinners and the 1000 all-inclusive STs (barfine, room, fuck) ain't coming back.

I think "lbar" in the compillation below refers to ladyboy bars: 2K STs; 3K LTs.  Again, I did them cheaper than that, but they were eager to come with me personally...

What do other BMs think ?  Namely the Pattaya sexpats?  Are you still consistently getting better rates with quality Pattaya prostis ?

Sighhh

Rom

1736841058_Pattayaprices2023.jpg.45b04afc9f9ec11a0aa12a879abc145a.jpg

• Like 1

Nice to see actual prices since guys always seem reluctant to post prices.

Somewhat unclear what the drink prices refer to.  If we are talking about 80-120 that seems high for beer bars as I don't recall beer in the 100-120 baht range.  In the gogos (except for happy hours or really shitty draft beer which I often order as a cover charge and only drink half) the price would be more than 120 baht except for KRU with their 99 baht beer.

They might be referring to I Bar on Walking Street and not be talking about ladyboy bars since a capital i looks quite a bit like a small l.

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Pdoggg said:

Nice to see actual prices since guys always seem reluctant to post prices.

Thanks PDoggg, let me partially quote you to call attention to an underlying source of biases or outright misinformation in our mongers' online reporting.   

Let's face it: we are a competitive bunch in that way that males in a herd compete with each other to come across as alfas.  In our case, online alfaness can be affirmed by showing off that we had access to more sex, kinkier sex, and at lower prices than the rest of the herd.  Hence the tendency to not disclose the prices paid or to report them lower than they actually were. (the exception being The-Sith who proudly reports prices way above market! )

I should know because that's what I have been doing at ladyboy boards when I post pics of of a neverending stream of sissies and pussies, and of the unusual things they let me do with them on and off the sack ... and I avoid reporting the prices not because they were high, but on the contrary because they were so low (or none! sometimes) that no one would believe me.  But,... and this is a BIG BUT, I always caveat that I spend a lot of money on them partying and on gifts and taking them on trips, which is just an indirect form of paying that I also document when I post.

So in the end I spend way more than asking prices.  But at least I never built a house in Issaan in a prosti's name, or paid them for bolt-ons or new motorbikes...

All this to say that it's understandable BMs are unwilling to jump in to admit they are paying the newly inflated prices, but perhaps they can just confirm if they are observing them as well...

And tips on establishments still offering the 300 barfines and the 60 baht beers would definitely be welcome.

• Like 1

I think guys are reluctant to post prices whether high or low because some keyboard warrior will get his jollies by attacking the guy either way.

But I will tell you the prices for sex at Bar De Le Poste, a gentleman's club on Soi Lengkee.  I was showing a rookie friend the joint and the girl quoted him 700 baht for a shortime BJ or 1000 baht for short time intercourse.

I don't know what he paid for the room probably 300-500 and forget what beers and lady drinks cost. As I recall there is a sign on the wall that listed the lady drink prices; I think it was 140 baht.  But when you buy a drink there the girl takes off her top.  Actually she wound up taking of her bottoms too and my buddy brought her to a short time room.

One key takeaway is don't ask how much the bar fine is if going to a bar that has onsite rooms. Instead ask how much is the cost for the room. The cost for the room is negligible; maybe a change of sheets. If the most popular girls are gone for 45 minutes of boom boom it's no big deal. But a bar doesn't want the prettiest girls away from the bar especially if they are on salary.

Personally, I don't go out to ladyboy bars much; occasionally Emmy's or Delirious.  More often I go to music bars without hostesses.  It's not easy to find a Leo for less than 65 baht and they charge a premium for San Mig Zero or Heineken Zero even though they are all about the same price at 7/11.

Sometimes I see bands at the Booze Lounge on the Darkside where the waitresses are available and lady drinks are only 100 baht but it's an expat bar where guys are more price conscious than in Central Pattaya.

9 hours ago, Zeppie said:

PDoog.I see this term Darkside.  You mind explaining the meaning?

The area east of Sukhumvit in Pattaya which realtors refer to as East Pattaya is known colloquially as the Darkside.

Years ago, maybe 20-25-30 years, when the power grid was more 3rd world, there were frequent power outages in that area so the Star Wars' term Darkside was what farang called that part of town.

Probably the majority of guys on Pattaya forums have never even once been to the Darkside as it's not easy to get around there without a motorbike.  There is no baht bus service there so it's cars, bikes, and Bolt.  There's a couple of bars over there where a band I like sometimes plays.  Also the biggest Irish Bar in Thailand is on the Darkside.  

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Dont really know why I am quoting prices as most of my jollies were with lb's I have known and did not charge as a normal transaction. From what I saw and heard, barfines were around 400-600. Beer 85 to 100. LD's up to 150. ST was around 1300 and LT around 2-2500.

I can tell you right now that the lb's are not rolling in the hay. A bit slow is the word around town. Probably some bargains to be had unless the Thai logic kicks in and the girls want to charge more when times are tough!.

• Like 3