Moving to Pattaya-Finding the Perfect Condo Deal

duke007

Here is the lowest price condo I've seen that has a gym and a pool.  8th floor; 36sqm.  3500 baht a month.  That's about 120 baht a day. Why so low?  It's an old building, not furnished well but with a fridge and TV on the wrong side of Jomty 2nd Road.  But something to consider if on a tight budget.

image.png

image.png

image.pngThat

• Like 1
58 minutes ago, duke007 said:

Bloody Nora, that makes the one I stay at (Centara Avenue Soi 15) very pricey at 25,000 Baht+Electric +Water +1000B clean fee for a month, but to me it's perfect and as I am on Holiday its a totally different scenario and worth it. B)

Dukey, the place you were staying at was really nice.

But beware, there is major drainage construction /road repair on Soi 15 that should take at least a year to complete.

15 minutes ago, Pdoggg said:

Dukey, the place you were staying at was really nice.

But beware, there is major drainage construction /road repair on Soi 15 that should take at least a year to complete.

I know all about the roadworks on that soi PD but there are two other entrances one via the passage way (next to the Areca Lodge on Soi Diana) and the other from another soi off Buakhao, I doubt it would affect me too mutt regarding inconvenience or noise B)

F680A7A8-596D-487A-B781-2AB2141A18A2.jpeg.fd1df77d6b3fcc7909dcc02f9d3b2d19 (1).jpeg

97161883-1799-469D-8CDD-25A89BE54D65.jpeg.7cbd54c438b35b710a4b0a21603f3539 (1).jpeg

20181231_144659.jpg.739d2fe15295372c5ef70bf3647dea84.jpg.c9eebb42063304b999d544016dcfec91 (1).jpg

• Like 1
52 minutes ago, duke007 said:

I know all about the roadworks on that soi PD but there are two other entrances via the passage way (next to the Areca Lodge on Soi Diana) and from another soi off Buakhao. 

If the back alleyway is open (I sort of recall it was closed at one point though; nothing to do with the construction) you should be OK. The 5th Centara building, the Israeli owned one, could conceivably block access though.

But it might not be possible for you to get from the Centara to the Evergreen wing of the Areca or the little soi by the 7/11.  Nobody really knows because construction on that part of Soi 15 hasn't commenced yet but it most certainly will.  But the date is unknown.  And what will be blocked is unknown. Bolts may not want to go there. Or perhaps cannot. And that also goes also for motobike taxis.  Currently the construction is by the Mecurre/Avenue Residence/Urban and not the easiest walk at night especially if tipsy.  Most importantly, it might be very difficult for Thai Friendly girls to get there in high heels and black panties.  :biggrin:

• 2 weeks later...

The next time I'm in Pattaya I will take a look at the exact location of the house in the above video mainly because I am interested in the secret passage to Buakhao.  But my first instinct is what looks like a partially furnished old house is not going to fetch 22K a month in the current market.  But if it is really the idyllic setting he describes and so close to Buakhao it might appeal to some farang, especially if they have pets.  

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...

Here is a Jomtien yearly rental bargain.   4000 baht per month.  This is perfect for a guy who rides his motorbike almost everywhere.   It is behind Jomty 2nd Road and about a 5 minute ride to the beach and baht bus.  Prices this low for quality buildings are tough to find for 3 month rentals though unless you happen to know someone with a vacant apartment.

For rent :Paradise Park
1 bedroom 1 bathroom
Fully furnished
36 sq.m./ Pool view floor 7 building 3
4000 THB / Month for 1 year contract

pp7.jpegpp9.jpegpp6.jpeg

• Like 1
  • 4 weeks later...
5 hours ago, duke007 said:

IMG_20220512_144336.jpg

I don't think condo rental prices are really soaring.  It's not what I see. I don't think that many long term guys are arriving in May.  What I do notice is that there recently are many more Indians in South Pattaya and am under the impression that being so close to Thailand that many Indian guys just stay for week in hotels.  

Two key points:

1) He rented on Soi 15 and the video doesn't mention him doing any due diligence about the road repair time table.  Beware of Soi 15 until the work is complete.

2) He rented for 3 months and the big agencies will generally take the first month's rent as a commission.  Maybe in this case they are only getting half a month, I don't know.  You are not going to find a great 3 month deal with the realtors.  But there are many people desperate to rent their places. The supply of units is 10 times the demand.   

Worth watching though especially since the real estate lady has a smoking hot body!

• Like 1
  • 2 months later...
On 8/5/2022 at 10:09 PM, LadyMarsha said:

Facebook groups for letting condos in the Pattaya area?

One of many groups is https://www.facebook.com/groups/830809627040008

This isn't a recommendation though.  Within Facebook you can search on phrases such as Pattaya Condos, Pattaya Rentals, Pattaya Real Estate and come up with many groups.  Many people post the same thing on all the groups.   

My suggestion if PMing one of these Facebook advertisers is to make clear your length of stay as some have a 6 month or 1 month minimum stay while others don't care.

I've had good luck just walking into condo offices unannounced.    Over half won't want to deal with you so just leave.  But the 30% or so that have a rental office might be useful. 

• Like 3
14 hours ago, Pdoggg said:

One of many groups is https://www.facebook.com/groups/830809627040008

This isn't a recommendation though.  Within Facebook you can search on phrases such as Pattaya Condos, Pattaya Rentals, Pattaya Real Estate and come up with many groups.  Many people post the same thing on all the groups.   

My suggestion if PMing one of these Facebook advertisers is to make clear your length of stay as some have a 6 month or 1 month minimum stay while others don't care.

I've had good luck just walking into condo offices unannounced.    Over half won't want to deal with you so just leave.  But the 30% or so that have a rental office might be useful. 

Thank you so much, Pdoggg. Much appreciated.