Cooking with Carter

duke007

• 8 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 years later...
On 11/8/2022 at 4:44 AM, bubba said:

Sad that this bloke has passed away. He had a friendly demeanour and spoke with an understandable English accent.

Has he really? 

I heard from a very good source (who has spoken to him a couple of days ago) that he had broke his Hip and has had to have a Hip replacement, Geoff has told him that he is getting better and will hopefully be recovered by mid December. 

I am certainly hoping that your news is fake news. 

• Upvote 1

So, reports on his demise are greatly exaggerated then?

Hope you are correct because his accent is easier for moi to understand. Maybe my difficulties have something to do with what the Brothers told me should be confined to the vestry in company.

:rolleye0012:

On 11/9/2022 at 11:11 PM, duke007 said:

Has he really? 

I heard from a very good source (who has spoken to him a couple of days ago) that he had broke his Hip and has had to have a Hip replacement, Geoff has told him that he is getting better and will hopefully be recovered by mid December. 

I am certainly hoping that your news is fake news. 

He's not quite out of the woods yet. Depends on his health and age. With elderly people, if they break their hip, for some reason they seem to contract pneumonia.

Having the hip replacement is usually a straight forward peocedure, but the way things are with the NHS being stretched, depends on the hospital and resources. They get you up about moving pretty quickly. Discharged ASAP.

So I'm hoping Geoff makes a speedy recovery.

I think a trip out to LOS after christmas would do him the world of good. Lets face it, Jan & Feb in the NW of England is vile.