Fist Time in the Philippines

strocube

1 hour ago, strocube said:

‘Ken ‘ell, that’s some serious hoop jumping. Trying to do the same in the US, given the current political climate, should be interesting. But, we are both down for the challenge.  My biggest worry is that the little cutie will have her heart broken if we can’t make it happen. I have been doing my best to manage expectations, but still . . . 

She’s doing all the hard work with a great attitude. She’s quite the badass determined little trooper. I had no idea how involved this would be. We’re at the getting a passport phase of the operation just now. She’s had to do all kinds of running around here and there just to try and get that sorted. Once she’s got that then she needs to get her visa approved. The visa will be the tricky bit. 

Will keep you guys updated here. 

The first time is the hard part. Any time after that went like clockwork. Same info requirements but just happened much easier. Alot of duplication of first time. 

• Upvote 1

Well, things seem to be taking an interesting and unexpected turn. After doing a bit of on-line research, it looks like getting a tourist visa for my little sweetheart might be near impossible. Though, I might have to do more digging to really confirm that. Now, a fiancé visa might be more doable. Holy fuckoly, talking to a visa expert this evening. Had not planned on getting married . . . I guess, sometimes you just gotta say “fuck it” and take the leap. 

It’s like I just keep getting pulled in further and further.

I guess loneliness can make you do crazy shit.

@Wastopcat

Beside her passpoort i hear that people got offloaded if they fail to have one of these documents , ( See link below ) so i was curious if she had also these extra documents for her to travel to meet you there in ireland , and if your replay is yes , then strocube i am afraid have to fix these documents also......

http://www.rappler.com/life-and-style/travel/98629-offloading-travel-preparation-tips

https://www.pinoy-ofw.com/news/35048-9-tips-to-avoid-offloading-at-naia.html

Greetz , Stealth

1 hour ago, Pdoggg said:

Sometimes you just gotta take a leap but a pre-nup wouldn't be a bad idea since you don't know each other too well and half of all marriages in the USA end in divorce.

You bet. If we get that far, there will certainly be a pre-nup. I may lonely, horny, and wiling, but no way am I risking half my shit. It ain't much, but still . . . 

20 hours ago, Stealth007 said:

@Wastopcat

Beside her passpoort i hear that people got offloaded if they fail to have one of these documents , ( See link below ) so i was curious if she had also these extra documents for her to travel to meet you there in ireland , and if your replay is yes , then strocube i am afraid have to fix these documents also......

http://www.rappler.com/life-and-style/travel/98629-offloading-travel-preparation-tips

https://www.pinoy-ofw.com/news/35048-9-tips-to-avoid-offloading-at-naia.html

Greetz , Stealth

She had no such problem. However she had all requirements. 

18 hours ago, strocube said:

You bet. If we get that far, there will certainly be a pre-nup. I may lonely, horny, and wiling, but no way am I risking half my shit. It ain't much, but still . . . 

Be very careful. To be honest it seems too sudden for marriage. If it was me id take another trip and live together for a longer period first. A couple of months min. 

I did get married. However only after spending 3 months in her country. 2 of which i was in a quasi relationship status. Then her visiting me for 3 months being exclusive. Then another 2 months here in my country before the marriage. 

I also did a pre nup. It might not hold any water here but i was happier she had no problem with doing it. 

I know of 6 relationships with pina ladyboys living with Afam. None have lasted. We all hope ours will be different. We have to realise that it probably won't. 

Me and my girl are together 2.5 years now married a year. We have our up and down but still going strong. 

Best of luck whatever you decide. 

• Upvote 2

Thanks, man. Yeah, it all seems very sudden to me as well. 

Spoke to a visa expert the other day. Dude suggests I take another trip in a few months and visit her at home with her family, get some pics of me with her mom, etc. Then, after that, he thinks I have good shot of getting her into the US on a fiancé visa. I need to decide whether or not I wanna commit to this project.  Honestly, I am leaning towards going for it. Wtf, I was looking around for a project to occupy myself with anyway, this certainly fills the bill in that regard.

With a fiancé visa, they give you 90 days to see if you wanna get married or not. 

While chatting with Mel, I mentioned that I would be talking to a visa expert. She asked how it went with him. I have not told her about the fiancé visa. Told her I needed a day or two to process some things. Right now, our plan has been to get her passport, then see about getting her a visitor visa. Just trying to manage expectations. Don’t wanna get her hopes up, or promise anything I cannot deliver on. 

Not really sure what I’m gonna tell her. Do not wanna mention the fiancé thing just now. Think I will tell her that after doing a bit of research it seems getting a visitor visa seems highly unlikely. But, I would very much like to go and visit her at home for a few weeks, maybe in December or early January. 

The thing is, I have used all my vacation time from work. It will be difficult to get away for the time I need. Have enough sick time accrued, but will need some kind of doctor to authorize the time off. Getting someone to do that may prove difficult. I used to have a therapist that would sign off on anything I asked her for. All I have now is a GP who may or may not write me the note I need to get the time off. 

Think it might be worth finding and seeing a therapist for a while just to get him or her to authorize the time off. It’s not like I wouldn’t  have lots to talk about with them.

• Upvote 2

@Strocube

Nice to hear that you can get her over with a fiance visa , hope that everything will work out fine and that you manage to get it...

If you ask me i think it will be a good idea for you not to mention at all what type of visa she is going to get , these girls are desperately looking for a boyfriend and in most case a way out of the phillippines , when she hear the word fiance she will think that you are in love with her and is ready for a relationship and believe me it will be very hard to almost nearly impossible for you to explain to her that that is not the case , so my advice to you is just keep what type of visa it is for your self to keep expectations as min as possible , in time if you do get feelings for her and she is really what your looking for you can Always take it to the next level......

Greetz , Stealth

• Upvote 1

• 3 months later...
On ‎23‎-‎6‎-‎2017 at 7:43 PM, strocube said:

Anyway, being quite smitten by the lovely Mel, I asked her if she might like to come visit me during the Christmas holidays this year 

Cheers

@Strocube

So buddy how life how things going with you and lovely ( Mel ) you manage to get things fix so she will still come to you this Xmas and New Year Holiday`s ?????

Greetz , Stealth

Hey, Stealth, hope you're doing well. Thanks for following up. 

Ok, so after my trip, I had planned to see I if I might be able to bring Mel over for a Holiday visit this year. After a bit of investigation, I found out it was more or less impossible to get her over here in a tourist visa. Found out it might be possible to get her over here, but on a fiancé visa. I was not sure I wanted to go that route, but then I thought "fuck it, might as well try."  Though i never told her this was for a fiancé visa. Did not want to get her hopes up in case things didn't work out. We started the process. I sent her the money to get a passport, which she got. After a bit, I had to tell her I could not make it happen. Guess I got overwhelmed by the prospect, and maybe my heart was not totally in it. Though, now honestly, I am having second thoughts. She is so hot and so sweet, sigh. I have to think about how all this is affecting her, etc.

Anyway, we're still in touch. She will soon be statrting work at a call center. 

I will have some vacation time next year. Depending on how things are going, I might go back to visit her in the PI. Guess we'll see what happens after that. 

• Like 1