Bus Options From Sunanaphumi Airport To Pattaya

pdogg

Most of you know about the excellent Bell Bus service, 200 baht and for to door service to your hotel. I have taken it many times and quiteleased. U can even book online, no deposit required.

http://www.belltravelservice.com/routes_rates.php#

Bell leaves the airport every two hours and if u just missed the bus who wants to wait?

But there is a good alternative, what we call the "Jomtien Bus".

It leaves also leaves every two hours, on the hour Bell isn't running. Once Bell stops running, it runs every hour until 22:00.

It will let u off at Sukhumvit and Pattaya Klang, Sukhumvit and Pattaya Tai, or at the station on the road from Pattaya to Jomtien. From any of these locations you can grab a baht bus for 10 baht.

So let's say you are staying at LK Pavillion off Pattaya Tai. U take the bus for 124 baht, then walk on the overpass to the other side of Sukhumvit where you'll see a queue of baht busses, get on one, and in a few minutes you're there.

If you have never been to Pattaya before, or if your hotel is not near a baht bus route then I suppose it is better to grab a bite and wait the extra hour. But I have used this service several times and been quite pleased.

Now getting to the airport requires you to go to the Jomtien station so I would rather take an earlier Bell Bus and make sure I don't miss a flight.

http://www.airportpattayabus.com/suvarnabhumi_airport/

It is not just about the money. I think the bus is a safer trip.

• Upvote 1

Yes, I agree. The bell bus service is the way to go. However, recently I found the bell bus website unresponsive when trying to make a reservation.

Here is some info for people who have never used the service. The first bus from the airport to Pattaya departs at 8:00 am and the meeting point for passengers is at level 1 at gate 8 inside the building, thats all the way to the left at the lowest level. Here a Bell Rep will collect the passengers, check theire reservation prior to leading everybody outside to the Bus.

• 7 months later...

New Booking System will be implemented Soon!

As we will implement new reservation system which all reservations must be paid when submitting. Therefore, please do not make reservation beyound September 1st, 2012 onward. If we have further update, we will inform you as soon as possible.

Thank you for your co-operation.

Bell Travel Service Team

The bell bus service is good value for those journeys from the airport to pattaya. I have also used it from bangkok to to Pattaya once and it was door to door service. Though I find it takes longer than the normal bus service from Ekamai bus station as the bell bus goes out to the airport to pick up. So I just take the skytrain to Ekamai and get the aircon bus 113 baht then take a moterbike taxi to my hotel in Pattaya 40 baht though I did get one down to 30 baht once. Totals around 160 to 180 baht for a journey from Bangkok to Pattaya

I have used the Bell Bus service and also highly recommend it - great price, good service, safe drivers, and it only takes slightly longer when you transfer from the big Bell Bus coach once you reach the Pattaya station to the dedicated mini-vans that take you to your hotel.

An option for those in Bangkok - who want to use Bell Bus from Suvarnabhumi Airport to the hotel and you have light luggage, you can take the City Line Rail Link to the airport. Cost is 15 to 45 Baht depending on distance. You have to stop at every station, but it is a lot cheaper than taking the 150 Baht Express (15 min to airport from Makkasan Station) and around 30 min by taking the City Line.