More Bad News For The Dems

ArchieBunker

More bad news for the Dems. this is Anthony "Ridiculous Package" Weiner's district. He resigned. Now I couldnt give a shit what sordid, juvenile things he did. But I was happy to see him squirm like a worm. The guy is an arrogant twat and ol Arch would love to have the chance to punch his lights out. Ol Arch used to box you know but I digress.

There hasnt been a Republican in any NY City district (outside of Staten Island) in donkeys years. It could happen tomorrow. Now 704 Hauser Street is NOT in this district. Ol Arch doesnt live there anymore anyways so Arch cannot vote.

Bob Turner ® leads David Werpin (D) slightly in the polls. Even if the D pulls it out, the fact that this seat is contested speaks volumes. One seat will not make a difference and one year is a long time in politics so I wouldnt say its a harbinger of 2012. Its way too early but interesting nonetheless.........

I don't much care if the Democrats lose a seat in Congress or the Senate or the shitter...I also don't give a rat's ass about American Airlines...I just have a quick and off topic question...

I am neither a Democrat nor a Republican Archie, I belong to the I don't give a rat's ass party; however, my question is, why would anyone in their RIGHT mind schedule a "I wanta be the president debate" on a Monday night...especially the Monday night up against the premiere of Monday Night Football...

Who did they think would be the television audience for the debate...Lonely single women and fags...

Archie...Would you give Edith the remote on a Monday Night Football Doubleheader...If you answer yes, you had better get to your Doc and have your testosterone level checked...

• Upvote 1

Well, when I lived @ 704 Hauser Street all those years ago, TVs didnt even HAVE remotes. I made Edith get up and change the channel and she was happy to do so after she got me my generic beer!!! We did have Monday Night Football way back then. I remember when Joe Wille and the Jets go the shit knocked out of them in the old Municipal Stadium in Cleveland. I think Kucinich wasnt even in Congress then hats how long ago it was.

The bottom line is Edith would watch whatever Archie wanted to watch and she would enjoy it!!

WHOOP DEE DO WHOOP DEE DO WHOOP DEE DO!!!

Archie, you obviously have a short memory!

Seems like just a few months back, well before weinergate, one of those right-wing nutjobs got ousted from the congress for trying to meet girls on Craigslist! In your very state, but a little further west in the snow belt.

Yes, the married Christopher Lee, pictured below looking buff {??} was forced to resign and when his seat went up for grabs in a special election it was won by a DEM.....and only because the Repub ticket was split between a 'normal' conservative [whatever that is these days] and a Tea-bagger, those hardcore, semi-retarded branch of the Repubs who believe whatever Mother Sarah and Pope Rick Perry them!

{Remember the all-time classic photo of the Tea-bagger holding the sign "Keep your government hands off my medicare?" You can't even make up that kind of comedy.}

Me thinks that over the next 10 years or so, before the Tea Party surely goes the way of the Dodo bird, many more elections will be split like this. Moderate conservatives like John McCain and Ron Paul want nothing to do with those uneducated, gun-toting, bible-thumping toothless creeps, and because of that it will be hard for the Repubs to win *anything* anytime soon. Thank God.

post-107-081913600 1315936959.jpg

• Upvote 1

Well, when I lived @ 704 Hauser Street all those years ago, TVs didn't even HAVE remotes.

Archie, Archie, Archie...The TV remote was invented in 1950 by Zenith...Course it was wired to the TV...But we soon discovered that we could also use it as a jump rope which pissed off mom and pop to no end...

In 1956 Zenith invented the wireless model which meant that we couldn't play jump rope any more which pissed us off but it was mechanical and it did make a bunch of noise when pop pressed the buttons and pop liked to press the buttons a lot which pissed off mom to no end...

These days I got like 15 different remotes on the coffee table and I can never find the right one which pisses me off and even when I do find the right one its got too many buttons and I'm always pressing the wrong button which pisses me off to no end...

So it seems that TV remotes have always been around to piss people off to no end one way or another...Too bad you didn't have one Archie...

Now please close your ears and eyes for a minute Archie...I want to talk to the other guys...

Seems Archie is trying to fool us all these years guys...704 Hauser Street, where Archie made his home wasn't really in Queens, NY...It was actually in Hollywood, California where the real queens are...I think it's high time Archie opened the closet door...

• Upvote 1

704 Hauser Street

There is no 704 Hauser Street in Queens. However, the facade of the house shown in the show's opening is in Glendale which is Weiner's old district, keeping things on topic LOL.

The 9th district has very few blacks and Hispanics although it is surrounded by minority areas. Now while that may explain why it may go Repub, it doesn't explain why it may go Repub now. And it's not Weiner fallout. Gore carried the district bigtime in 2000 but Kerry just squeaked by.

So it seems for some reason the Irish, Italian, and Jewish residents of New York are becoming more right wing as the years go by.

Bob Turner, the GOP candidate is certainly pandering to the Sheepshead Bay residents with his extremely strong pro-Israel stance. From Turner's website:

Israel is America's only dependable democratic ally in the Middle East. Obama is wrong to pressure Israel to accept the indefensible pre-1967 war borders. I believe that Jerusalem should remain free and recognized as the capital of Israel. I agree with Israel’s policy of refusing to negotiate with Hamas which has formed an alliance with Fatah/Abbas. I oppose attempts to have the UN recognize a Palestinian state in September.

More bad news for the Dems. this is Anthony "Ridiculous Package" Weiner's district. He resigned. Now I couldnt give a shit what sordid, juvenile things he did. But I was happy to see him squirm like a worm. The guy is an arrogant twat and ol Arch would love to have the chance to punch his lights out. Ol Arch used to box you know but I digress.

There hasnt been a Republican in any NY City district (outside of Staten Island) in donkeys years. It could happen tomorrow. Now 704 Hauser Street is NOT in this district. Ol Arch doesnt live there anymore anyways so Arch cannot vote.

Bob Turner ® leads David Werpin (D) slightly in the polls. Even if the D pulls it out, the fact that this seat is contested speaks volumes. One seat will not make a difference and one year is a long time in politics so I wouldnt say its a harbinger of 2012. Its way too early but interesting nonetheless.........

I suspect he is an "arrogant twat" since he does not support the typical Neanderthal policies that you beloved Repuklicans do. If he spewed the same drivel that assholes like Cantor and Boehner do, you'd probably be wanting to lick the sweat off his nut sack.

So ol'Arch (or BB) whichever of ya are a former pugilist, wants to punch his lights out, if ya were even capable, and you call me the Fascist? 55555.

Archie, Archie, Archie...The TV remote was invented in 1950 by Zenith...Course it was wired to the TV...But we soon discovered that we could also use it as a jump rope which pissed off mom and pop to no end...

In 1956 Zenith invented the wireless model which meant that we couldn't play jump rope any more which pissed us off but it was mechanical and it did make a bunch of noise when pop pressed the buttons and pop liked to press the buttons a lot which pissed off mom to no end...

These days I got like 15 different remotes on the coffee table and I can never find the right one which pisses me off and even when I do find the right one its got too many buttons and I'm always pressing the wrong button which pisses me off to no end...

So it seems that TV remotes have always been around to piss people off to no end one way or another...Too bad you didn't have one Archie...

Now please close your ears and eyes for a minute Archie...I want to talk to the other guys...

Seems Archie is trying to fool us all these years guys...704 Hauser Street, where Archie made his home wasn't really in Queens, NY...It was actually in Hollywood, California where the real queens are...I think it's high time Archie opened the closet door...

Uncle Kahuna, this is quite a coincidence, because just yesterday, a friend and I were talking about TV remotes in the USA and when they were invented, etc. Of course we were both ignorant on the subject, but you here basically answered all our questions, unbeknownst to you, till now. This is very cool. I am going to send this info along to him.

I recalled my uncle having a TV remote in the late 50s and we both suspected it was some homemade invention, since that uncle was a rather handy fellow who could build and repair about anything along those lines. My friend and I both guessed TV remotes came out in the 80s, since that was when we first used one. We were only off by 30 years.

As usual dear Uncle, you are a veritable treasure trove of valuable information. :give_rose: :give_rose: :give_rose:

Hugs and Kisses

Lefty

Ol Archie never had one back in the day. Normal TVs didnt have remotes. Hell, there were only maybe 6 channels and there was fuck all to watch on TV. Now, we have over 200 channels and its the same story, fuck all to watch. LOL!!!!

Archie will forever stay closeted.....

I suspect he is an "arrogant twat" since he does not support the typical Neanderthal policies that you beloved Repuklicans do. If he spewed the same drivel that assholes like Cantor and Boehner do, you'd probably be wanting to lick the sweat off his nut sack.

So ol'Arch (or BB) whichever of ya are a former pugilist, wants to punch his lights out, if ya were even capable, and you call me the Fascist? 55555.

Weiner was/is an arrogane twat. Did you see how he handled his "Ridiculous Package" situation?? What a dick-pun intended.

All I said is I want to punch his lights out not silence him with a bullet to the head. I didnt say I wanted him silenced. Not like some of the know nothings in Congress who wish to resurrect the "fairness doctrine" in order to silence its foes. Thats the way we used to handle this down on the loading dock. We had a punch up, then drank some brewskies together down at Kelsey's

Oh yeah the Dems lost NY CD 9. Oh dear..........

Hey Archie.....would love to get an informed opinion from someone I know and like who just happens to be a right -winger, IE; YOU, about how you feel about Michelle Bachmann and Sarah Palin.

as someone who is a rightie and also probably a registered republican, what is your true opinion of these 2 total nutcases?

Bachmann is also a liar and is dangerous.....she denies that her husbands clinic say they can "cure" homosexuality and she also announced yesterday that the HPV virus can cause mental retardation, something the CDC denies whole-heartedly.

any thoughts on Caribou Barbie and her scary cousin from Minnesota? :drinks:

For the record we lived in Corona. Hey Arch, did you hang out with Julio down by the schoolyard?

I'm sure you're not comfortable enough in your masculinity to suck off Rosie, the queen of Corona, in the backroom of a Roosevelt Ave tranny bar. Kelsey's is more your speed.

Bachmann does what her husband tells her so she's like Edith in some respects.

Bill Maher, in the video posted by Seanbeag7 said if you were Bachmann's hubby and could order her to do anything wouldn't you command her to have a threesome with a bi-beautyinstead of becoming a tax lawyer?

You suffering from dementia, simple forgetfulness or just trying to piss me off like my remotes...I ain't your fucking uncle...

Simple forgetfulness, my apologies. I guess I just felt the need to bestow some kind of title on you out of respect for your great knowledge on a vast myriad of topics.

If we lb lovers were like an Indian tribe, I'd see you as a great warrior chieftain who leads us into battle. Maybe not Crazy Horse, but more someone like Rain-in-the-Face. :)

PD, being an old wise one, would be like a medicine man, maybe like Old Lodgeskins from the movie Little Big Man. ;)