Austin

lance2546

I'm checking out Austin TX now and went to some gay bars down town on 4th st. . Not really my thing but a buddy dragged me there and thought it was a hoot that a drag queen hit on me, 555! (He told her I was recently returned from Thailand)

It was a weekday night, so it was slow but there might be a few ladyboys around 6th st where the college kids go.

But pretty lame after Thailand and the Phils...

• Upvote 2

Austin is one of the 5-6 places in the US that I think I could happily move to & stay, tho I have to say this is theory since I've never actually been there :huh: ... The rootsy music is exactly the kind I have listened to for decades now & it's a magnet for good musicians to live there who are more alternative than Nashville, probably a legacy of western libertarian culture vs southern conservative culture. Mexican food & barbecue, the laid back "Keep Austin Weird" vibe...  

It might even compensate for being in Texas which otherwise doesn't appeal to me in any way.

My daughter who lives in Newport Beach recently visited Austin at the urging of some friends who had recently moved from SoCal to Austin and claimed that it was the "new" hot place to live in USA...Is that a run-on sentence or what..........

Maybe it just falls in the or what category.........

My daughter, who has never visited any other bright spots in Texas, returned to say it was very cool...but it ain't Newport Beach...........