Cock Fights In Pattaya

pdogg

Not sure if cock fights are on the menu for Snick's Halloween Party.  Ladyboy Twister is.

On Thursday afternoon, Nongprue Police conducted a raid on a cock fighting venue which was found to be operating on an expired license and gambling was found to be taking place at the location.

Almost 20 officers took part in the operation which saw them conduct a raid on the location inside Soi Bonglan 2 close to the Maprachan Reservoir where a total of 22 people were arrested and 5 cockerels were seized.

A check on the venues Cock Fighting License found that it had expired in 2013. Khun Biew, the owner of the venue, who is also a Volunteer Security Officer for Banglamung District, was further charged with operating the unlicensed venue.

Cock fighting is legal in Thailand as long as the cockerels do not fight to the death. Licenses are issued by local authorities for such a venue and gambling at the venue, although tolerated, is illegal.

http://www.pattayaone.net/pattaya-news/151698/east-pattaya-cock-fight-gamblers-caught-by-police/

Seriously, I dont understand it.  BTW cockfighting is illegal in 48 (or is it 49?) states in the US of A.  In what state(s) is it legal???

Can't see the point in it either, but I remember watching some travel channel program and I think Hawaii is one of the legal cockfighting states.