How Much is A Lamborghini?

ArchieBunker

I was walking around Paragon recently and it was heaving!!!  Saw a bunch of cars lines up for the car park and saw this Lambo.  I thought much did this thing cost??  I am certain it costs perhaps 3 or 4 times it does in The US of A or Europe as there is a huge tax on luxury autos.  now, I really doubt someone influential will have paid a huge amount of tax on a Lambo in thailand.

just think a Lambo in the traffic of bangers........

• Upvote 1

An Aventator is about 35 million baht.  More then US$1 million.  But think of it this way. Let's say a guy is worth $100 million.   It's just over 1% of his net worth.  Take the guy that is worth $1 million. 1% is $10,000.  Reasonable for a car.

That guy worth $100 million pays the equivelent (to the mere millionaire, in % of net worth) of 10 baht for his ST on Soi 6, all in.  Not bad. Lots of savings to help buy the Lambo. :biggrin:

BYW, someone is not a happy guy - http://www.wreckedexotics.com/lamborghini-aventador-wrecked-in-bangkok-thailand-001248

• Upvote 1

Imagine what the insurance is like on that car?  Bloody hell.....

In a related note, I just read this morning that Dr. Dre - you know, the guy who grew up poor in Compton and went on to a successful rapping career - could buy 137 of those; with just what he made LAST YEAR!  Must be nice.

http://www.vanityfair.com/vf-hollywood/2014/09/which-musician-earned-620-million

''an artist who earned $620 million—a Scrooge McDuck-worthy fortune so great that Forbes reports it is the largest sum of money any musician has ever earned in a 12-month period. To put this number in perspective, $620 million could buy 137 of the world’s most expensive cars, Lamborghini Veneno Roadsters.''

just think a Lambo in the traffic of bangers........

. the Swiss guy that used to own the Go Kart Circuit in Pattaya bullt one .. basically a kit car with fake badge. Cheaper than the real Mcoy obviously.. Some of the Kit cars are pretty good and unless your a petrol head you may not know the difference..

To Drive a real one in BKK the owner must be on magic mushrooms but having said that London may be worse , around half of the Asians are not insured here.. its a  nighmare

There are plenty of exotic cars in LOS. Bangkok traffic must be the most unsuitable place in the world for such high powered machines but it has nothing to do with practicality, it's all about 'face'. 

One guy who may have wished to be driving something else was the son & heir to the Red Bull fortune when he crashed his Ferrari into a motorcycle cop killing him. I never did hear what happened to him but I doubt he ever spent time in prison.

post-83-0-39946900-1411783555_thumb.jpg

The worst place to have a Supercar is Taipei ..these guys are crazy and i never seen so many dents in nice cars. The driving is atrocious and must be worse than even India.

Our Host in Taipei had hired a limo driver  and he and reversed into a parking spot and smashed the others guys lights but he walked away and said its no big thing . When we got back from lunch all the tires were let down.. just another day in Taiwan Traffic.. i could go on