Billy69

I have never used Mr T. but I understood from other forums on Pattaya that they had quite a good reputation. Personally, when I could not jump on a Bell Bus I have used www.thelimopattaya.com. Always a very good service: clean cars well maintained, polite and efficient drivers that always brought me safely and timely where I was heading. A bit more expensive thant Mr. T. I think.

• Upvote 2

I've never understood the need to book a taxi or a bus from the airport, it doesn't make sense to me as you cannot guarantee your arrival time. On arrival I go to the Bell Bus desk, if nothing available or it's a long wait then I just go get a taxi, there's a never-ending supply of them.

A normal taxi is usually B,1000 or thereabouts, I've never paid more than B1,200 and if they quote more then I just walk away as there's always another to take it's place. At the Bell Bus desk there's usually other guys wanting to make the same journey as you so you can cut the cost in half by sharing, I've done that a number of times too.

If you insist on a taxi from Pattaya to the airport there are taxi desks or taxi signs everywhere so just book one near your hotel. Costs are less than the other direction and if they quote too high then simply go to another. Just start looking into it several days before you need it and get it booked. Having said that I haven't used a taxi to the airport in years, I always get the Bell Bus, both reliable and door-to-door.

You'd think some of these often talked about taxi services were the only offerings on the table, there are other options out there at both ends which don't tie you down.

I've only used them once going to BKK from Pattaya. They had an office just across from Areca Lodge so it was convienant. The cost was 800 baht, but he wanted another 100 baht to take a mate to his hotel after dropping me off even though it was very close.

As mentioned above the Bell bus seems like the best option if going straight from Airport to the Sewer.

post-1488-0-14198500-1410942146_thumb.jp

• Upvote 1

I've never understood the need to book a taxi or a bus from the airport, it doesn't make sense to me as you cannot guarantee your arrival time. On arrival I go to the Bell Bus desk, if nothing available or it's a long wait then I just go get a taxi, there's a never-ending supply of them.

A normal taxi is usually B,1000 or thereabouts, I've never paid more than B1,200 and if they quote more then I just walk away as there's always another to take it's place. At the Bell Bus desk there's usually other guys wanting to make the same journey as you so you can cut the cost in half by sharing, I've done that a number of times too.

If you insist on a taxi from Pattaya to the airport there are taxi desks or taxi signs everywhere so just book one near your hotel. Costs are less than the other direction and if they quote too high then simply go to another. Just start looking into it several days before you need it and get it booked. Having said that I haven't used a taxi to the airport in years, I always get the Bell Bus, both reliable and door-to-door.

You'd think some of these often talked about taxi services were the only offerings on the table, there are other options out there at both ends which don't tie you down.

Thats what i been doing last 13+ years..May be i'm getting to old for that shit.. B) 

Before the new airport opened  i used do  a night in BKK then take the bus to Pattaya..

I use Mr T when I cannot use the Bell Bus service to and from Pattaya, I pay 1000 Baht and 900 baht on the return and always give the driver a 150-200 baht tip after asking him to take it easy.

I am not being a "Big Time Charlie" by doing so imho as I am on my "holiday" and I do like to get to my destination in one piece especially after travelling 6,500 miles and 13 hours on a plane getting to Suvarnabhumi in the first place smile.png

• Upvote 1

I've been using PT Taxi for years. http://www.pttaxiservice.com/ I arrive at midnight my next trip and will use them again. They are waiting for you at arrivals (door 3?) with a sign with your name on it and will wait for you no matter how late your flight. They take your baggage to the car. All for 1000 baht which includes the tolls.

I used Mr. T often years ago but he had a problem for a while providing rides so I switched to PT and never switched back. Mr. T and PT sometimes use the same drivers and I believe the owners are related. I had PT pick me up on Soi 8 in BKK a couple of years ago for a ride to Pattaya. Just to make sure I was getting in the right car I asked the driver what service he worked for. He asked me if I booked with Mr. T or PT...     

• Upvote 1

I use Mr T when I cannot use the Bell Bus service to and from Pattaya, I pay 1000 Baht and 900 baht on the return and always give the driver a 150-200 baht tip after asking him to take it easy.

I am not being a "Big Time Charlie" by doing so imho as I am on my "holiday" and I do like to get to my destination in one piece especially after travelling 6,500 miles and 13 hours on a plane getting to Suvarnabhumi in the first place smile.png

Same same   i want to get to Pattaya in one piece... My main reason using the bus is i feel lots safer  in the bus then in a taxi..If I can't get the bus within 40-45min then taxi it is..