Vancouver riots

pacman

Check these amazing pictures from Vancouver after their hockey team lost the Stanley Cup playoff to Boston.

I would never expect such lawlessness from such a bastion of civilised culture. Every country has a growing element of antiestablishmentarianism but this riot got way out of hand because of the inaction of the police to control it.

That's what happens when you get such a politically correct organisation charged with the duty to control a mob of very non-politically correct thugs. I don't want to sound smug, our thugs are no better than Canadas but the moment someone here picked up a Molotov cocktail & refused to put it down when asked, they would have been shot. No one here cares if it was out-of-character behaviour or if alcohol or drugs were a factor, shoot first, sort it out later.

http://news.nationalpost.com/2011/06/16/photos-riots-fire-destruction-after-vancouvers-loss/

• Upvote 1

Great find Paccers! :pic:

New Yorkers have no love for Beantown sports teams. Remember when guys used to wear Boston Sucks T-shirts and get rowdy in the stands.

But wouldn't it be a better idea to torch Boston rather than your own city? :pardon:

But I think the Southies could handle a Canuck invasion.

I can't recall a New York sports riot. Our riots tend to be racial especially when there's a blackout.

post-45-090741600 1308304349.jpg

One interesting tidbit I got from reading that is Boston has more native Canadian players on their team than Vancouver does.

Most of those idiots are not even real fans anyway. Just mental midgets looking for an excuse to riot and had the Canucks won there still would have been a riot. Like someone else pointed out too, likely most of the real trouble makers don't even live in Vancouver proper.

I love this picture. Here's a man who should serve a long time in jail.

What is in the water in Vancouver that makes a person think that this is acceptable? I mean, he doesn't even pretend to hide with a camera focused on him FFS! He carries on like this is normal behaviour. I wonder how his lawyer intends to defend this?

"Well your honour, doesn't the freedom implied by living in a democracy allow me the right to blow up a police car & endanger the lives of everyone in proximity? Mummy & Daddy always told me I can do anything I wanted. What do you mean 5 years in prison before any prospect of bail? I have rights, I am a Canadian, I can do any idiotic thing I want to. Where does it say I have to obey the law?"

Oh dear, wait till Sharia law gets introduced... :huh:

post-83-059091700 1308319386.jpg

What is the world coming to ?

Todays Daily Mirror in the UK carries a story of a bunch of toffs kicking the shit out of each other at the Royal Ascot races of all places .

Apparently chucking bottles of champagne at each other at £98 a throw .

The fight was over a lady :rolleyes: :aggressive:

Apparently chucking bottles of champagne at each other at £98 a throw .

Jesus H. Christ. At least in the good old days in Belfast we would have poured the Champers into some plastic glasses first, for cosumption later that evening, before using the bottles as our weapon of choice!!

And somebody should tell that bloke in Vancouver, if you are going to set a Police car on fire, at least make sure the Police are still in it!!! :diablo:

Although obviously the above is just from stories I have heard and I have no personal experience of such acts of violence. :rolleyes: :db:

• Upvote 1

I love this picture. Here's a man who should serve a long time in jail.

What is in the water in Vancouver that makes a person think that this is acceptable? I mean, he doesn't even pretend to hide with a camera focused on him FFS! He carries on like this is normal behaviour. I wonder how his lawyer intends to defend this?

"Well your honour, doesn't the freedom implied by living in a democracy allow me the right to blow up a police car & endanger the lives of everyone in proximity? Mummy & Daddy always told me I can do anything I wanted. What do you mean 5 years in prison before any prospect of bail? I have rights, I am a Canadian, I can do any idiotic thing I want to. Where does it say I have to obey the law?"

Oh dear, wait till Sharia law gets introduced... :huh:

post-83-059091700 1308319386.jpg

If I'd have been standing where that photographer was, I'd have took that punk down.

If I'd have been standing where that photographer was, I'd have took that punk down.

I think anyone would do something to try & stop an idiot like this guy. I am not as big as Khun Lefty but grabbing his backpack & pulling him over backwards wouldn't be too diificult. Easy to sound tough when I am not there but faced with such lunacy, I don't know how I would react.

The sheer audacity of anyone committing a crime like this makes my blood boil. It isn't just a matter of how dangerous this is nor the fact that he is willfully prepared to destroy a police car, it is the total lack of respect for society, the very society that provides the police to control such brainless twits.

I would love to see the pictures immediately following this one, surely someone yelled out to alert the police? Or were all the upset hockey fans willing to go along as pathetic accomplices to a major crime? And the photographer? Was the picture worth more than doing his civic duty?

As I wrote in the byline.... QUITE UNBELIEVABLE!!

I think anyone would do something to try & stop an idiot like this guy. I am not as big as Khun Lefty but grabbing his backpack & pulling him over backwards wouldn't be too diificult. Easy to sound tough when I am not there but faced with such lunacy, I don't know how I would react.

The sheer audacity of anyone committing a crime like this makes my blood boil. It isn't just a matter of how dangerous this is nor the fact that he is willfully prepared to destroy a police car, it is the total lack of respect for society, the very society that provides the police to control such brainless twits.

I would love to see the pictures immediately following this one, surely someone yelled out to alert the police? Or were all the upset hockey fans willing to go along as pathetic accomplices to a major crime? And the photographer? Was the picture worth more than doing his civic duty?

As I wrote in the byline.... QUITE UNBELIEVABLE!!

I think a cop would be within his rights to shoot that guy. Lighting a gas tank is assault with a deadly weapon in my book. It would be self defense IMO.

• 2 weeks later...

Having spent the weekend in Vancouver the following week after this event, and having spent probably 30 weekends there in the past 5 years, I think I'm qualified to say that downtown Vancouver is literally filled with punks and street urchins that are spoiling for a fight even when hockey season is only a dim memory. It didn't surprise me in the least.

Unlike most Canadians, Vancouverites are a strange mix of normal Canadians and urban idiots.

I think its ironic now everyone can see its not just us football fans who react badly to adverse results, to listen to the Yanks and the Seal bashers they are so hi brow when it comes to sport and look down on us humble football supporters, how they all remain seated and behave themselves, they might do at football matches in MLS because over there its watched in the main by women , kids and the Prius brigade .

It was funny to watch the old bill without the faintest idea what to do when it comes to crowd control, I think the local plod there need to go see the Germans in action they put everyone to shame.

What you call football, us "Yanks" call soccer and call it boring. American football, which the Aussies call Gridiron is the best sport ever invented. Rugby too, as well as Aussie Rules Football is much more exciting than soccer.

One friend told me a few times, "Soccer is a gentleman's game played by ruffians and Rugby is a ruffian's game played by gentlemen"