Can Thailand Destroy a Marriage?

bumblebee

I was chatting to a well known member tonight and he said that a friend of his, a married guy, accepts he(the member) is into ladyboys and that he is curious to visit Los himself and see what the whole thing is all about, GGs included. 

My friend has tried to talk him out it because no matter how happily married the guy is, our member fears that exposure to the scene will fuck the guy up, he may become addicted to what we all know and there will be resulting consequences for his marriage.

What say you gents, can a guy come to Thailand, witness all the naughtiness, perhaps dabble, and then go back to a normal life?

I was chatting to a well known member tonight and he said that a friend of his, a married guy, accepts he(the member) is into ladyboys and that he is curious to visit Los himself and see what the whole thing is all about, GGs included. 

My friend has tried to talk him out it because no matter how happily married the guy is, our member fears that exposure to the scene will fuck the guy up, he may become addicted to what we all know and there will be resulting consequences for his marriage.

What say you gents, can a guy come to Thailand, witness all the naughtiness, perhaps dabble, and then go back to a normal life?

I have a  friend who suggested to his  (then) wife , a couple of years ago, that he would join me to Thailand. They are not married anymore.

• Upvote 1

Guest sustra

i cannot speak for myself as i  never got married ( my choice ) ....some friends of mine went even on honeymoon to Thailand and came back happy toghether..we shouldn't forget that Siam offers a variety of things to visit....

but i can say for sure ( talking about Cuba, but Thailand is same same ) that could save a man after a divorce......my best friend went into a deep crisis after his divorce....couldn't sleep...depressed....drunk at times...always talking about his ex-wife...so one day i forced him to come with me to Cuba.....

i can swear that after we landed in Habana...after 10 minutes he was not talking about his wife anymore..and after 20 minutes couldn't even remember her name!!!!!!!!!!!!!

to ruin a marriage you should have a pre-predisposition to sex....so let's say you get married by mistake and then you make up your mind...you can try to change your behaviour...but you cannot change your real nature.....

if you get married in a responsable way sure of your choice..you are at risk but don't think that thailand could be the "cause" of a divorce in this case

• Upvote 1

If a marriage is solid I doubt the man would be interested in travelling to Thailand (or anywhere else for that matter) to check out what all the fuss was about. If this happily married man travelled to Thailand for business purposes, stumbled on the scene, dabbled due to situation and/or curiosity I doubt his marriage would suddenly be in jeopardy. On the other hand if a marriage is rocky or the guy is living in denial about his true nature (like sustra says above) I think the days of the marriage would be numbered. 

This deviant/non-conforming life style in LOS, Cuba, PI or where ever, will always attract some people and not others. I, and I suspect most of us on this forum are attracted to it. Others not.

My intention is not to generalize and paint with a wide brush but only to say I do not believe LOS  has this gripping, intoxicating effect on all. Some people smoke for the first time and never again. Others try and can never stop. Ditto for drinking, gambling, drugs and yes, even marriage. I believe it is the same for exposure to LOS and all of the nuttiness it has to offer.

• Upvote 2

I know of a couple guys who have seriously strained their marriages by going to Thailand.

IMO, It's difficult for a good relationship to compete with the kid in the candy store sexual freedom rush that most of us experience on our first trip.

My live-in gf just told me I should think about going to LOS this winter as she'll be in school and can not accompany me on my annual 3 week "sun break" vacation. She said as long as I buy her a ticket at Xmas to go visit her family in NYC for 2 weeks, she's fine with me taking my own vacation without her in January/February.

I had not even considered a return to LOS, as I'm happy as can be in the relationship. BUT: nothing beats thailand. So i'll be figuring out how to get my airfare booked as soon as I can.

It won't tax my relationship. I'm super happy, and a return trip won't change that. It's just like I'll be putting some whipped cream on top of my favorite Sunday. I could easily live without it, but given the opportunity, I certainly won't miss out!

You've been blessed DT. Without a doubt. 

There's another recent thread you might be interested in and requires your attention. Something about whether GGs or LBs give the best blow jobs. Being the seasoned connoisseur you are, everyone has been waiting for you to comment.