Pattaya Music Festival March 21-23

DownLoLarry

Pattaya Music Festival will have multiple stages including a Reggae Stage.  It's free all along Beach Road.  Beer can be purchased at 7/11 or Family Mart.

Traffic will be  a mess that weekend.

There is gonna be a lot of Ruski's on Beach Road then :biggrin:

Do any of these acts play western-expat acceptable rock? Or is it all hip-hop, metal & pop?

Occasionally I run across a reference to some boomer music type who has retired to LOS... there was some guy who played with a version of the Grateful Dead & a few other California bands who retired to the area around Pattaya, locals probably know who, I'm sure there have to be other qualified giggers around as well.

One of the reasons I wouldn't make the jump to relocate is the lack of live music I like that's available. 

Truth be told at this point & considering the lifestyle of most rockers & the ravages of time, there are very few even over here now from"back in the day" able or willing to tour. 

• Upvote 1

For anyone thinking about visiting Pattaya during the festival, it's worth mentioning that they usually close Beach Road and most of the sois running to Beach at Second Road. Many taxis don't like to challenge security, which means one could be in for a walk.

Lots of baht buses on Second Road, but with Beach Road closed, getting back to Pattaya South can be a drag. And not the good kind.

Also, hotels in the concert area are usually booked solid. And some hotels (such as Flipper Lodge) aren't shy about not honoring reservations.

If one doesn't care about the music, my advice is chill in Bangkok for a few days.

I was around for this last year and it was great fun , a real party atmosphere .

I went there one night with a favourite ladyboy and her friends and the beer was flowing and everyone dancing on beach road .

I wish I was there this time round as the Reggae stage would be right up my street . 

I wish I was there this time round as the Reggae stage would be right up my street . 

A few ska bands on the Yellow (Reggae) stage.

Siracha Rockers are on that stage, cool name!    :character00274:  :character00274:  :character00274:

I'm not familiar with any of the bands but I imagine the headliners on the Main Stage are fairly well known in the LOS.