1st Day in Thailand 12th Anniversary

bumblebee

I just realised that today is the 12 anniversary of my first day in Thailand.  The 6th February 2002 was when I first set foot in the Kingdom.  I was with my brother(once before) and a friend (twice before) so they were able to fill me in on what to expect.  But looking back now they really knew fook all about the place, but back then they were all I had to go on. 

I was on an earlier flight than them and so I hung around the airport, senses on maximum alert, waiting for their flight to arrive.  They finally landed about 3:30 pm and we took the mini van downtown.

We stayed near the river in  Banglumpu, (Khao San Road area), and I actually ended up staying in the same room again 8 years later.  I recall vividly jumping out of the mini van near Democracy Monument and being overwhelmed by all around me as we scurried up KSR looking for a place to stay in the late afternoon sunlight.

When I think of all that has happened in the intervening years it seems like a lifetime away and not just 12 short years.  I was determined to get my hands on at least one ladyboy to get it out of my system and that magic encounter happened on Karon beach a week after I arrived.  It never left my system as you all well know and the rest is history as the man says.

Anyone else care to recall their first day?

Like it was yesterday.

Had a car service that I found about on the old FLB Forum (straight) bring me from DonMuang to Pattaya.

Checked into the Welkom Inn, SSS, then onto Soi Half a Dozen, although at that time it was never called that, only Soi 6 or Soi Yodsak..

Found out form the Questionable Girls of Thailand Yahoo Group (Facebook wasn't even a gleam in Zuck's eyes) that there were a couple of ladyboys in Pat Bar.

Had a few GGs and tall Noi (later did a shoot with a cowboy hat on ATS) around me being extremely hands on, maybe I was being sucked off.  Barfined Noi and went to their shorttime room which at that time was on Soi 6/1.  Later in that trip I brought her to my room.

Last December as I sauntered down Soi 6, I saw her outside of Pat Bar (this is 11 years later, also Aoy still works there from 11 years ago).

Its a blurr...

Im pretty sure though was a stopover on the way home from South Korea.

Had no idea as i got out at the old airport looking for a bus to get me outa there.

I was befriended by a guy, who happended to get off the same flight as me, and we took a couple of bus rides over what seemed an eternity and i ended up staying at the white rose (i think) offf walking street. A princely sum of 300 baht a night.

I hated Pattaya the first time i was there...

Incidently the guy i met at the airport only traveled with a silver briefcase, his occupation, a chef. Only in thailand :)

Time flies!

It must be 14 years ago I checked into the Miami Hotel on Sukh soi 13, and nervously made way to Nana and Casanova, later venturing to Clinton Plaza. I think my second trip to Thailand, but the one when I chose to bite the pillow, repeatedly, before making my way to Koh Chang, which in those day was pretty quiet and largely undeveloped.

For anyone who knows Koh Chang as it is now, try and picture Lonely Beach with literally no one else at all there. The road from the ferry was only paved as far as White Sands the rest was just dirt track. Those were the days. 

• Upvote 1

Great stories,  guys...... mine started between Christmas and New Years, 1998 and covered  3 weeks.

Actually started in Vietnam because I am a huge history buff and always wanted to see that place, then landed in BKK just after New years; same as PD it seems like yesterday and even right now I can see in my mind crossing Sukhimvit road with luggage in hand, going to my room at the end of Soi 8.

Not sure how we knew that was the place to be, but my buddy and I met there and started going out right away.  The Thermae coffee shop, to be exact, which served everything BUT coffee!   Met a girl from Issan and the rest is history.

Also did Koh Samet and Pattaya on that trip, which was still pretty wild in early '99 but nothing like it is today.