Year of the Horse

KenW

Happy Lunar New Year to everybody.

If like me you are celebrating foodily & drinkily, you will most likely be enjoying the way I am.

New Year's day started with (leftover) Australian lamb and avocado sandwich (dusted with pepper, having been grilled with garlic last evening) with orange juice and chilled nectarine to finish.

Lunch was a delicious VNese dish named (in phonetic spelling) hooo wah. It is spicy minced pork stuffed into gutted bitter melons, which are then boiled in their own broth with chopped green onion, and served with steamed rice & fish sauce dip.

Chilled fresh rockmelon & dark grapes complete the feast.

Later in the afternoon & tonight, Australian cabernet sauvignon by the bottleload.

Ah, another year older & deeper in debt...

• Upvote 2

Happy New Year Ken,  now that's a proper way to celebrate it, "Australian cabernet sauvignon by the bottleload."  when I first read it, knowing you I thought it said " by the boatload"   :biggrin: 

:drinks: 

thank you bubba....not.

(i knew i was giving away too much information)....what about 1966?......a great year for English football..Eric Cantona was born

ok, 1966 is the year of the Fire Horse. Baklaboy told me Fire Horses are one of the most special signs of the Chinese zodiac, so I am not surprised if you are one. We think alike on so ,many important topics. Probably match my beliefs as much as anyone here.  :friends: