Guest route67

Guest route67

Since Jimmy Saville has been tried, convicted, and condemned in the court of public enquiry (and very probably rightly so - see, I've just done it as well), the police in the UK have instigated an inquiry into alleged sexual abuse in the 60s and 70s, which means many people that were famous 40-50 years ago in the UK are now under investigation for many things that - at the time - were no big deal (groping girls, leering, being a bit creepy, & etc.).  However, if they have been kiddie-fiddling, then they deserve to burn for all eternity in Hell's fiery pit, I hasten to add.

Now, many of the alleged miscreants may be guilty of various crimes (crimes that are crimes NOW, but were not THEN, perhaps), this has opened up a huge can of worms.

Still, I have to say that the report from the trial of Dave Lee Travis (DLT - The Hairy Cornflake) just about takes the biscuit.  Have a read, and then tell me what the fuck a 'deputy carnival princess' is for a start, and then tell me if a 19-year-old counts as a minor...

Boring Ken Barlow from Corrie, Freddie Starr, Jim Davidson, Stuart (The Belgians!) Hall, Paul Gambaccini and Rolf Harris (Rolf Harris, FFS!) have all been arrested.  Who's next, I wonder - Zippy (Oh, Bungle, we have been naughty...) out of Rainbow?  Bill & Ben? That guy from Fingerbobs?  Mary, Mungo & Midge?

Ah, well - that's my childhood gone for a bogey.  I guess I'll just have to grow the fuck up.

Fat chance.

• Upvote 2

All very suspicious to me brother 67, and it reeks of compensation claims. I agree, if they have been "kiddie fiddling" the fuckers should be thrown to the sharks, but it seems out of the blue a copious amount of 16,17,18 year olds (at the time) and even older, are coming out the woodwork screaming "oh yes, Boring Barlow brushed his palm among across my left breast back in 1963, how much can I claim for the distress it has caused me ever since?"

• Upvote 1

Boring Ken Barlow from Corrie, Freddie Starr, Jim Davidson, Stuart (The Belgians!) Hall, Paul Gambaccini and Rolf Harris (Rolf Harris, FFS!) have all been arrested.  Who's next, I wonder - Zippy (Oh, Bungle, we have been naughty...) out of Rainbow?  Bill & Ben? That guy from Fingerbobs?  Mary, Mungo & Midge?

I've always had my suspicions about Zebadee (I mean, what normal person says to children as his parting phrase "time for bed now"? Obviously guilty as sin).

And as for where Harry Corbett had his hand.... how old was Sooty at that point?

• 4 weeks later...

interesting thread 67.....i think its scandalous that some of these cases should even be brought to court....its compensation culture gone mad.....do you remember David Jones the ex -manager of Southampton,sacked from his job and 2 years in legal limbo because 2 low lifes got together and said he had molested them when he worked at an approved school....he was acquitted but some of that mud always sticks......

I've always had my suspicions about Zebadee (I mean, what normal person says to children as his parting phrase "time for bed now"? Obviously guilty as sin).

I reckon Captain Pugwash is next, he must have been bang at it with Seaman Stains and Master Bates in doing Roger the Cabin Boy

"Kipper me Capstans!"  :o

post-136-0-34474600-1393415022_thumb.jpg

• 2 months later...

I thought the cabinboy on the Black Pig was called Tom, anyway I met this bloke called Tom in a pub once who  said he was the cabinboy years earlier. He confirmed that Pugwash was a Pedo. He told me he was bending over making the captains bed one time, when Pugwash came hurtling accross the room and plugged him. Pugwash told him not to panic it was just the roll of the ship, but Tom said it felt more like a roll of lino.

Can't tell you how many years I've waited to slip that old joke into polite conversation.

• Upvote 2