Powerball

pdogg

If winning the lottery it might be fun to own a bar if one didnt have to worry about breaking even.  It could be run for the benefit of the ladyboys and your farang friends.  Wouldn't want anything in your name of course.

So what would this bar be like?

If it was mine I'd want a comfortable venue, perhaps designed like a living room with an excellent sound system. Maybe a small stage for performances.  Only jai dee ladyboys.  Guys who have helped me and BB make LBR a success drink for free.  Other wise very high prices so it has a private club feel. 

I'm in with a bunch of friends back home which means I have a greater chance of winning but the prize gets diluted to much lower levels.  I'd have financial security, be able to live in a nice place, take vacations, but probably not enough to be reckless and do things like fly first class.

But if I had my own lottery ticket and I won more money than I could ever spend, let's revisit the fantasy bar.

It'd be something like the current Carre Blanc, not in the South of France, but located just off 3rd Road. A buzzer on the front door.

A place where my buddies like Sam, Seven, and RX could bring their friends and drink for free.

It doesn't have to be fancy but mist be extremely comfortable.

A good TV too watching sports and a computer to check the net and some good books.

A cappuchino machine too.

It would be a place where you culd come alone in the afternoon, sip coffee and read the Bangkok Post.

The ladyboys would all be paid well so everyone is happy.

Really more like a private clubhouse than a bar.

• 4 months later...

The drawing is on Friday the 13th.  :character0007:

Will Friday the 13th be lucky for Mega Millions hopefuls?

After failing to hit a winner since Oct. 1, Friday's lottery drawing jackpot has swollen to $400 million, the second-largest in Mega Millions' history and the fifth-largest jackpot ever. Depending on ticket sales, lottery officials could hike the jackpot to $425 million or more Thursday.

While the odds of winning are just 1 in 259 million, ticket sales are surging ahead of the 11 p.m. drawing for what could be the ultimate Christmas stocking stuffer, worth a lump sum, post-tax $144.9 million.

In Oregon, state lottery spokesman Chuck Baumann said weekly sales ahead of Tuesday night's drawing were up 380% over year ago levels. And that's when the jackpot was at $344 million.

"When you start getting into these nine-digit jackpots, people start taking notice,'' Baumann says. "As a rule, things will really take off the day of the drawing.''

A record $656 million Mega Millions jackpot was split between three ticket winners in March 2012. Powerball's all-time jackpot, worth $590.5 million, was won in May by Floridian Gloria MacKenzie.

Among the top 20 biggest jackpots, just two have been hit during the holiday season; a $587.5 million Powerball on Nov. 28, 2012 and a $315 million Powerball on Christmas Day in 2002.

• 2 years later...

I didn't win last nights drawing!  The estimated prize is now 1.3 Billion (Cash Value=806 Million) for Wednesday drawing.   Odds to win are 1 in 292.2 million.  Is there anyway to increase the odds?  If I won now I would take the cash value, but if I was in my twenties I would take the $44,827,586 a year for 29 years.

• Upvote 1

Mark Cuban's advice 

With a $1.4 billion Powerball jackpot up for grabs on Wednesday, billionaire Mark Cuban has some tips should a winner emerge.

Get a tax attorney, avoid the lump sum and decline requests for cash from friends and relatives, are among the tips the Dallas Mavericks owner dished out, according to a Dallas Morning News report.

He pointed out that a $1.4 billion treasure chest won't guarantee happiness or make someone a smarter investor, saying, "You can put it in the bank and live comfortably. Forever. You will sleep a lot better knowing you won't lose money."

Hey, we all like to dream of winning the jackpot and marching in and telling the boss, "Take this job and shove it"!   "I'm moving to Pattaya and opening up a ladyboy bar".

These dreams of winning feel real.

But the problem is you probably won't win and you have to pay to play.

What if you could enter for free?

Well, Publisher's Clearinghouse has a free lottery.  Can't lose a dime and no purchase needed.

Win $5000 a week for life.  Free to enter.  USA residents only.  (maybe Canadians too)

I'm sure there are going to be very long lines at lottery vendors on WEdnesday as Powerball Fever grips the USA.

The New York Times in an article published today said that it's better to take the annuity payment over a 30 year than take the lump sum payout.  but I've always been led to believe that it was preferable to take the lump sum.

Think if you win the first thing to do is hire 2 or 3 different tax lawyers, fully understand their advice so you can make an informed decision about how to set things up.

Hey, the Publishers Clearinghouse is free to enter. That sounds like the best deal to me.

http://www.asiahotelandtravel.com/index.php/topic/396-publishers-clearing-house/#entry975

The winning Powerball numbers were drawn Wednesday night: 8, 27, 34, 4, 19 and the Powerball of 10.

California lotto officials tweeted almost immediately after that a winning ticket was sold in the state. Later, California Lottery spokesperson Russ Lopez said there were two more winning tickets sold, one in Tennessee and one in Florida.

• 1 month later...