Air Asia Question

pdogg

Air Asia is having another sale starting at midnight Sun night/Mon morn (KL time) and it looks pretty good.

Question:

Can you book with no luggage and then when you actually decide to go add on the luggage at a reasonable price?

Some of the flights I'd be booking are probably only a 50-50 shot I'll be using and while I'm OK with losing around 10 USD, don't want to lose 20 or 25USD.

i booked a flight from DM BKK to Chiang Mai and it looks impossible. When You click go on with the reservation the fare for the luggage is automaticly added.....

Thanks TicTac!   :hi:

I noticed that too.  But on the next page it seems u can either remove the luggage or upgrade the luggage. I was able to remove it on a phony test booking.

You are forced into the fare, airport taxes, VAT, and online booking fee.

The luggage and insurance are optional thoigh the bastards tricked me into the insurance once.

The sale doesn't begin for another 5 hours though.

you can buy a ticket now, and add luggage later on the web. Its a lot more if you pay for luggage at check-in time.

watch out for payment fees (for using credit card, etc...) if you decide to add luggage later, you could get charged twice. I use ETF so no payment charge

I use ETF so no payment charge

I've always had problems using my Thai debit cards and figured that on such small purchases paying for currency conversion was not a big deal.

But had no idea that you could avoid the booking fee.

Snick, Does using a Thai credit card avoid the booking fee?

If not, what's the difference between a Thai debit card an EFT?

Is this only for Air Asia Thailand?

You can book now, deleting the default luggage, seating and travel insurance fees. Be careful, as cancelling the travel insurance is tricky! Plus, it appears to be worthless. One clause is it is not valid on any day ending in a "Y"! To delete the seats, click on the seat at the select seat page and then click "remove seat"

You can book luggage and meals later, as I have done many times.

If using a creditcard, I don't think there is any way around the booking fee. They call it a "convenience fee" and sometimes crow that there are no booking fees. To get the specials, you MUST book online and to book online, you MUST pay the fee. IT'S A BOOKING FEE, GODDAMMIT,

In Thailand you can do a ETF from some local bank accounts ( SCB, KTB, etc...)

There is no convenience fee for this.

Thai Debit Cards and Credit Cards still have a convenience fee, but less than when using a foreign card.

With all the fees,luggage charges, etc.. I found it easier to use Bangkok Air for  my last trip to Phuket. Probably paid 300 Baht more, and I got to leave from Suvarnabhumi and  travel in a more 'civilized' manner.

In Thailand you can do a ETF from some local bank accounts ( SCB, KTB, etc...)

There is no convenience fee for this.

Thai Debit Cards and Credit Cards still have a convenience fee, but less than when using a foreign card.

With all the fees,luggage charges, etc.. I found it easier to use Bangkok Air for  my last trip to Phuket. Probably paid 300 Baht more, and I got to leave from Suvarnabhumi and  travel in a more 'civilized' manner.

Defintely can work out that way. Im flying thai smile from new airport to krabi rather than don muaeng to krabi becuase i cant be bothered fucking around from pattaya all the way to the old airport.

This sale didn't work out particularly well for any days that suited me for DMK-PNH. The difference between the pre-sale price and now offered a reduction on the outbound leg only which gave a total saving of around $30. That is not enough to entice me into buying it and I know I'd only come to regret having to drag myself and my baggage to Don Mueang in both directions anyway.

I could never believe AirAsia feels no impact from being shifted out of Suvarnabhumi, it must hurt them. I've simply stopped using AirAsia based on that fact alone, but I would have used them had the savings been significant.

I could never believe AirAsia feels no impact from being shifted out of Suvarnabhumi, it must hurt them. I've simply stopped using AirAsia based on that fact alone, but I would have used them had the savings been significant.

The move is a downer for sure!! I've done the bus trip from Northern bus station (pattaya) to Mo Chit and then taxi up to don muaeng airport. In all honesty it wasnt that bad, but.... problem you have is having to allow for the whatif factor with BKK traffic. Result being too much dead time. Swampy was ideal for Pattaya folk.