Bangkok Taxi Driver Stabs American To Death With A Samurai Sword

pdogg

Bangkok taxi driver had a dispute with an American on Sukhumvit. The American is now dead. RIP.

Youtube video of the incident:

Some shocking news last night of a Bangkok taxi driver that stabbed to death a foreigner during an apparent argument. Judging by this still from CCTV footage, the taxi driver had a samurai sword. The incident happened at about 8:30pm on Saturday night at the top of Soi Sukhumwit 68 in Bang Na District. The man fled in a pink taxi with number plate ทว-6549. No other details are known yet but police have said that the victim was American.

http://www.richardbarrow.com/2013/07/taxi-driver-stabs-to-death-a-foreigner-in-bangkok/

Bangkok taxi driver had a dispute with an American on Sukhumvit. The American is now dead. RIP.

getting a Taxi in BKK is not an enjoyable experience at the best of times . Not surprising this happened though as some Taxi Drivers are real scumbags.

I hope he gets the firing squad or whatever they dish out now .

I had the first do-lally taxi man the other night on Sukhumvit - I just asked him to U-Turn and go a not common route and he slammed his fists on the steering wheel, brought the car to a halt (that is in the right order) and barked at me, that you cannot U-turn - I said, I know - just go straight up for another 200m and then U-turn where you can. I kept calm and smiled all along while this went on    It was actually the first time I have experienced something like this just rip with a taxi driver.     That plus a couple of other incidents is making me think, this is going to be a serious financially challenging couple months till the next high season for many folk (and this in BKK which does not really have a low season).       To his credit though, he was using the meter even without asking.  

I remember one night my brother, a friend and myself jumped in a taxi at Sala Deang to go to Sukhumvit.  The guy took off at some serious speed and was driving quite erratic.  We shouted stop, stop we get out and he slammed on the brakes at Lumpini Park.  He seemed all worked up, and we just gave him what we had, about 20 baht more than what was on the clock.

We got out, and then suddenly he jumped out after us and made his way towards his boot.  Fook we just took off and didn't look back, half expecting to hear a gun go off or something.  Sobering stuff.

I remember one night my brother, a friend and myself jumped in a taxi at Sala Deang to go to Sukhumvit.  The guy took off at some serious speed and was driving quite erratic.  We shouted stop, stop we get out and he slammed on the brakes at Lumpini Park.  He seemed all worked up, and we just gave him what we had, about 20 baht more than what was on the clock.

We got out, and then suddenly he jumped out after us and made his way towards his boot.  Fook we just took off and didn't look back, half expecting to hear a gun go off or something.  Sobering stuff.

Blimey - i was going the other way.  Wonder if there is something in that.....

The issue for me was not wanting to get stopped for the 2nd time that night by the drug police on Asoke who stop many cars especially taxis - they are fine, just empty your pockets, show id etc etc but something always lurks in my mind especially when with someone not Thai about set-ups.    Easiest just to go the other way.   Quite how they ever manage to catch anyone is beyond me.  If I know they are there then sure as heck the drug guys do and I do not even live in BKK.