Giant Ibis Luxury Bus In Cambodia

pdogg

• 1 month later...

A friend of mine took the bus from PP to Kampot.  He said the bus looked brand-new and seata 27 passengers with a row of two seats on the driver side and individual ones on the other. However, there are additional fold-out seats next to the two seats and unclear if they are ever sold. All luggage goes in the front space next to the driver-seat.  Legroom is good and plenty, also the aircon was good, not too cold and not too hot.  No bathroom aboard the Kep bus. 

I took them 3 times (SR -PP, PP-SV, PP-SR) , no complaints comfort-wise, but not having a toilet on board comes with challenges for someone who as a habit drinks a bunch of water in the morning , compound that when trying to re-hydrate after a night of heavy drinking, yes they have bathroom stops but I found myself having to hold it a few times anyways , why have a "luxury" bus without a bathroom on board , makes no sense at all

• Upvote 2

Always good to be aware of the transport options within Cambodia.

After looking at the website I noticed a TV screen at the front of the bus and the movie showing had subtitles.

Does this mean every passenger is subject to the audio track for the duration? - If so, what language?

Hopefully the higher pricing would discourage a certain type of traveler, but it would be nice to travel peacefully sometimes.

Always good to be aware of the transport options within Cambodia.

After looking at the website I noticed a TV screen at the front of the bus and the movie showing had subtitles.

Does this mean every passenger is subject to the audio track for the duration? - If so, what language?

Hopefully the higher pricing would discourage a certain type of traveler, but it would be nice to travel peacefully sometimes.[/quote

Movies that we were shown/subjected to were in English and "B" movies at best like I said I only took 'em 3 times and had to endure the same movie twice

• 2 years later...

This is now my bus of choice going from Phnom Penh to Snooky.  

Comfortable.  It costs a bit more than Sorya or Capitol but well worth it from this Cheap Charlie's perspective.

Rather than paying a commission to a travel agent, their ticket office is located on Street 106 just off the Riverside.  That's just a minute's walk to the bars on Street 104.

http://www.giantibis.com 

This is now my bus of choice going from Phnom Penh to Snooky.  

Comfortable.  It costs a bit more than Sorya or Capitol but well worth it from this Cheap Charlie's perspective.

Rather than paying a commission to a travel agent, their ticket office is located on Street 106 just off the Riverside.  That's just a minute's walk to the bars on Street 104.

http://www.giantibis.com 

Hey PD have they got toilet on board yet, not when I travelled with them a few years back