Only God Forgives

So......Drive by Nicolas Winding Refn was a great movie, beautifully shot and bathed in colour, cool music and some great performances.  And it was violent.

And he has done it again with his latest film, only it seems increasing the violence levels further still.  Apparently its been dividing critics / audiences at Cannes this week - they more or less seem to fall into the love it or hate it camps.

Anyway, Only God Forgives has Ryan Gosling, again, a fascinatingly blonde Kristin Scott Thomas as the mother from hell and some famous local Actors.  It's set and shot in Bangkok which no doubt makes it doubly interesting for many of us.  Probably best to suspend disbelief about the story line and sit back and enjoy the ride, it should be wild.

http://youtu.be/HEFCN4qaYt4

• Upvote 2

I really enjoyed Drive. Ryan Gosling is so damn good. He's the brightest shining moviestar right now. It´s hard to put a finger on it, but he's got it, like a young Pacino or DeNiro.

I saw The place beyong the pines the other day, also a very good movie.

It's not in the Coming Soon area of Movieseer.

http://www.movieseer.com/th/coming_soon.aspx

Great site for Thai showtimes; you can sort on city or movie among other options.

http://www.movieseer.com/th/showtimes.aspx

According to that link for Chonburi(Pattaya), Central Festival has only one movie screen.   Is that right? Can't say I have ever been there but I would have thought it had a lot more screens than that.      By the way, is the other Big C in Pattaya North still got a cinema up top?    

According to that link for Chonburi(Pattaya), Central Festival has only one movie screen.   Is that right? Can't say I have ever been there but I would have thought it had a lot more screens than that.       

It's a multiplex with many screens.

Although Movieseer is a good website it's often not as up to date as it could be.  I guess they rely on the movie chains to provide the showtimes and I suppose they don't always do so in a timely fashion.

This movie looks good, hope it gets a showing in-country soon. Anyone know?

Aus / NZ release date is set for July 18

US release date is July 19

UK sometime early August

Can't find any release dates for Asia region yet.

Not sure about Thailand but in PI films are quite often released a few weeks ahead of the US - gives the distributors a chance to reflect on opinion from an English speaking market sector before opening in the US....