Shift Key/Caps lock problem

I have had this issue for over two weeks now and no matter what I do I cannot find a solution.

When I press the Shift keys, the problem seems to switch between both keys, while the cursor is in text I have already typed, it automatically selects the text before or after and i cannot type a capital letter as hitting any key will delete all the text selected.  I cannot get out of this circle.

Secondly when i hit the cap lock, the hash sign # APPEARS# when i hit it.  i could just delete it, not a long tern solution, but there is obviously a problem somewhere.

Anyone had similar problems and more importantly a solution.  This happens in forum posts and on Word documents.  I am using Windowns 7 on a Samsung laptop if that helps.

Cheers guys

I had a similar problem once. I'd hit a key & something else would type. It wasn't the whole keyboard, just a few keys, but the solution was to replace the keyboard. I was told it was most likely moisture had corroded a couple of contacts.

I have no idea if this is your problem BB, you know how much of tech-head I am, but it sounds like you need the keyboard looked at. I hope they can service it or replace just the keyboard part, it seems a shame if you have to replace the laptop.

• Upvote 1

BB, I know you can get the keyboard easily fixed for low cost in LOS. It will be quite pricey to fix in the UK. As a temporary measure, you can buy an external keyboard and mouse and use those until you get back to LOS.

If you dropped/spilled anything on the keyboard, it may be possible to clean it depending on what the substance is. You can google for the correct procedure.

• Upvote 1

BB, have you at any time accidentally dropped, sprinkled, sprayed, sneezed, or drizzled beer, wine, soft drink or other liquid that can dry into sugar crystals on your keyboard? 

Maybe it was ladyboy cum that got into a crevace.  A straw might solve your problem.  :hi:

• Upvote 1

Thanks for the feedback guys, much appreciated, so liquid of some sort seems to be the general consensus.   it has been damp here recently so that may explain it.   I have run anti-walware and virus scans and even reinstalled windows as an upgrade and no luck.

seems to be only the 2 shift keys and caps lock.  anyone know if they are connected in a laptop's wiring or maybe all brands are different, really not sure about this stuff.

You can buy a Can of compressed Gas specially for Electronics or Photo, it's inert, and spray Keyboard etc.

Do it in Short Bursts whilst unit is Power Off, and tipped at an angle.

Will get rid of Dust, Crums and others, but in the case of spilled drink ie Sticky substances or LD Drool, No chance.

External Keyboard and mice (around 40$ Pantip Plaza) seems to be the solution on site but not space

• Upvote 1