One for the conspiracy theorists...

Guest route67

Thanks Azza, I did check out those links and they are quite graphic but make absolute sense. Hard to digest something so grotesque happening to such a great man, someone who may have been a great president and possibly could have turned my country into the great place it was destined to become before the war hawks and neo-cons got hold of it.

The USA is culpable and responsible for Vietnam for the same reason we are responsible for Iraq, despite the nonsense of the "coalition of the willing." We were at the forefront of it, we didn't want communism to spread as was thought it might if the domino theory took root, so that was our war.  Anyone who regretfully lost soldiers there only did so at the behest of the US government, calling in their chits for being big brother for all those years after WW2.

It's a disgusting legacy, being the "policemen of the world", and something most moderates like myself and all liberals do not want to be associated with.

Good post JD. I hardly expected it from a Yankee but given your view of the world, not surprising.

I'm sure the US in their role of world policeman did some good stuff along the way. I'm just having trouble remembering exactly what though. Oh yeah, they did financially destroy the USSR, something for which Russia now wants to pay them back for.

And they did take advantage of China's policy of having a fixed price for silver, almost destroying their banking system, something that China now wants to pay them back for. 

Hmmm, there must have been something. As the old saying goes, as you sow, so you shall reap.

AZZA:    "On that note, why is South Korea never mentioned when we talk of that war? They lost 10x the lives of the Australians. The war memorial in Seoul has an interesting section devoted to it." 

Ignorance, that's why. When I mentioned the Australians who died in Vietnam I pondered which other countries were there as well. I knew there was a couple, I just couldn't lay my finger on them. I only vaguely recall any involvement by the South Koreans, I had no idea they suffered such heavy losses. Thanks for setting the record straight.

Williethepimp:    "Well its hard to debate with people who only see what they want to see..... "

Careful with your choice of words Wilie. Can you not see the problem with criticising those who don't see things the way you want to see them?

As for the direction of the gunshots & what hit who where, this has been discussed & analysed by better qualified people than we. Sometimes you just have to accept that shit happens. There's been reams written about this versus what is only my opinion & after all this time, I don't have a definite opinion anymore, just an open mind.

It's not a cop-out, it's just acceptance that the argument won't be advanced regardless of what we might think or write here. It's the other stuff about Oswald that I find intriguing & where I think the truth ultimately lies. ONE WAY OR THE OTHER!

• Upvote 1

The nuclear weapons issue was a declassified russian intelligence document.

Details of which were released only in the past 5 years or so.

Could I swear on authenticity of the report... of course not.

Perhaps you would be more comfortable with "ussr had a desire"

It certainly makes sense given the need to quickly eradicate certain military assets in Australia.

Then again perhaps the ussr just settled on subs to do the job- but what would I know :)