Man U and Chelsea Coming To Bangkok In July

pdogg

Chelsea on Thursday confirmed their seven-day Thai trip, from July 12 to 18, culminating in a game against a Thailand All Star XI on July 17 for the Singha Cup.

Meanwhile, current Premier League leaders Manchester United will be in the capital from July 11 to 13, said Singha Corp's Sports Marketing director Jaturon Himathongkom.

"This will be the first time two English Premier teams visit Bangkok at the same time," said Jaturon, who added that United's full schedule for the Thailand trip would be announced in the coming weeks.

Tickets are expected to be available for sale in March with the price tentatively ranging from Bt500 to Bt3,000.

http://www.nationmultimedia.com/sports/Manchester-United-set-to-join-Chelsea-stars-in-Ban-30199689.html

No mate they wont, being an Ambassador for Manchester United they leave that job to ME :bling:

Hey Duke-that would be a helluva trip to blag for yourself-tell sir alex you speak thai ,and youre half  way there......you could definitely lead a few of those young men astray......Giggsy's fcuked that many women--i bet he'd do a LB.....and Rooney would shag anything.......now THAT WOULD be a helluva trip report!

Hey Duke-that would be a helluva trip to blag for yourself-tell sir alex you speak thai ,and youre half  way there......you could definitely lead a few of those young men astray......Giggsy's fcuked that many women--i bet he'd do a LB.....and Rooney would shag anything.......now THAT WOULD be a helluva trip report!

One of my Stretcher bearer mates was telling Robbo (who was then Manager of Thailand) near the dugouts at OT what escapades I got up to in the LOS and told him I was the guy to see and talk too as I was known as Mr David to the girls over there.. :laugh:

I know he was also telling him about my liking of ladyboys because Robbo was looking over at me in "fits of laughter", its the only time Ive ever been embarrassed on this subject.. :biggrin:

• Upvote 2

One of my Stretcher bearer mates was telling Robbo (who was then Manager of Thailand) near the dugouts at OT what escapades I got up to in the LOS and told him I was the guy to see and talk too as I was known as Mr David to the girls over there.. :laugh:

I know he was also telling him about my liking of ladyboys because Robbo was looking over at me in "fits of laughter", its the only time Ive ever been embarrassed on this subject.. :biggrin:

Duke-you embarrased? I'd say nothing could embarass you mate-hell ive seen fotos of you looking like a plasterer's radio !-55555

• 5 months later...

Yingluck's son is a mascot for Chelsea.  I thought it was ManU that wore the redshirts?

Thailand on Wednesday denied a father’s claim that a boy chosen as a mascot for English giants Chelsea had been forced to make way for the prime minister’s football-mad son.

A government spokesman said the list of mascots for Wednesday’s pre-season friendly in Bangkok had been drawn up months in advance, rejecting comments by the boy’s father.

“Everything was done according to procedure,” the spokesman told reporters. “There is no way other names were taken off.” 

The official was reacting to a claim by Kriangyos Sudlapha, who told the Bangkok Post that his son Noppadol, nine, had been set to walk out with the Chelsea players and had already gone through rehearsals.

But he said Noppadol and other mascots were then axed, with organisers telling him they had been replaced by Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra’s son and other children of cabinet ministers.

Kriangyos said his boy, who was also a mascot for last week’s Manchester United game, was upset by the slight and no longer wanted to see Chelsea play the Singha All-Star XI at Rajamangala Stadium.

An official from beer company Singha, which is organising the match, said parents had been free to apply for their children to be mascots, but not all had been successful.

But the official, who did not want to be named, acknowledged that most of the mascots were the children of VIPs or Singha executives.

“Had I been authorised to make the selection, then I’d have selected the prime minister’s son,” he told the Post.

According to an earlier report, the prime minister’s 11-year-old son Supasek Amornchat was also among the children who took part in Chelsea’s coaching clinic this week led by star players.

“It was a lot of fun,” he said, according to The Nation, calling it an experience he “would never forget”.

http://www.sportlive.co.za/soccer/british/2013/07/17/thailand-deny-chelsea-mascot-dumped-for-pm-s-son

I cannot think of any Thai who ever muttered the words "Chelsea" to me.   However Man Utd is whole other situation - every taxi driver and many other people always mention it when they know where you are from.  

Man U sure have strong fan base in Thailand.  

I cannot think of any Thai who ever muttered the words "Chelsea" to me.   However Man Utd is whole other situation - every taxi driver and many other people always mention it when they know where you are from.  

Man U sure have strong fan base in Thailand.  

Liverpool have a strong fan base too due to their history,

I remember sitting outside the Woraburi Hotel on Soi 4 (Bangkok) last November when a taxi driver asked me if I needed a cab, as it happened I did because I was heading back to Pattaya in an hour and I couldnt be arsed with the Tuk Tuk, BTS, Bus and Songkaew  because I was with the missus Owe.

We agreed on a price but on inspection of his taxi I said "sorry cannot" and pointed to the rear window of his taxi, with a puzzled look he replied "why?", "That" I said and pointed at his Liverpool sticker "I want discount", we had a good laugh and banter afterwards on the journey and he did reduce his price to 1200 baht which wasnt bad at all (he didnt lose out because I gave him a tip too :biggrin: )

Mr T is a big Man United fan as I found out in his office (off Soi Diana) when I booked my taxi there, he has United flag's and Scarfs draped on the walls in the office so I gave his staff another one to add to his collection after I had checked out of the place I was staying

post-136-0-01903500-1374232800_thumb.jpg

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

Ive just found out that Man City want our lads to do their Stretcher Team duties too and we have agreed :crazy: , I dont know if this is an act of TREASON on our part but I suppose the £75 per game will help the pain of having to wear City tracksuits for a couple of hours :rolleye0012:

Ive just found out that Man City want our lads to do their Stretcher Team duties too and we have agreed :crazy: , I dont know if this is an act of TREASON on our part but I suppose the £75 per game will help the pain of having to wear City tracksuits for a couple of hours :rolleye0012:

its definitely an act of trason dave....wearing a city kit!....youre only doing it for the money.....Dave....youre just a whore-5555

• Upvote 2