The Future Jetpacks and Holosuites

pdogg

I didn't want Deep Throat's futuristic comments to get lost in the Creationist thread as it's a fascinating topic.  Quoting DT:

I do agree that the future will be flabbergasting. Go back and look at any science fiction from 50 years ago, it could only imagine a future based upon the present.

Where's my damn Dick Tracy wristwatch video phone or 1960's personal jet pack? No one envisaged the iPad/iPhone revolution, and dominance of internet culture, as it was beyond the ken of what was available to them 50 years ago. The future will flabbergast us precisely because it will contain things that aren't even imagined today.

I just hope they finally work out the kinks on virtual reality sex, that's the one futuristic toy I'm really pining for.

Will a holosuite be able to replicate a Soi 6 shortime room with the look, feel, feel, and sweat of ladyboy cock deep inside one's manhole?  Or will we all be dead before that happens?   :notfair:

post-45-0-04780000-1357359935_thumb.jpg

Will we be living like George Jetson in 200 years? Or will our planet be contaminated with nuclear radiation?

post-45-0-92081000-1357359936_thumb.jpg

By the way, "Smart" phones sure have evolved since Max's day.  Would you like to be in a holosuite or soi 6 shortime room with 99?    :biggrin:

post-45-0-78604300-1357360378_thumb.jpg

About the only predictable thing about the future is it's unpredictability. I still haven't seen one of those three wheel cars that were always on the front of car magazines. After going to the moon in the 60s it seemed manned space flight exploration would continue to other planets (aka 2001: A Space Odyssey). Maybe Hal turned out to be Siri... B)

Does anybody remember The Amazing Criswell & his "predictions"?

He was kind of a "D" list celebrity here in the States back in the 50s-60s. He wrote a few "Criswell Predicts" books & popped up various talk shows like Steve Allen or Carson where he would be dead serious proclaiming all sorts of ludicrous things for the future "where we will spend the rest of our lives".

The hosts would typically try to keep a straight face but ultimately dissolve into giggles as his predictions became more elaborate, but Criswell never broke character, hard to tell where his act ended & his reality began:

"I predict a series of homosexual cities, small, compact, carefully planned areas, will soon be blatantly advertised and exist from coast to coast... By 1999 there will be more than 200...space stations in existence. They will house entire colonies—men, women, and children. When the earth is destroyed on August 18, 1999, these space colonists will be the only Earth-humans left in the Universe..." etc.,

Yes, this clip, the only one I could find of his classic predictions besides a later clip on Carson when he was well past his prime, this clip is the ending bookmark to "Plan 9", he did the opening to it as well. Part of a group of eccentric fringe gay Hollywood types in the 50s. 

Will a holosuite be able to replicate a Soi 6 shortime room with the look, feel, feel, and sweat of ladyboy cock deep inside one's manhole?  Or will we all be dead before that happens?   :notfair:

There is a good scene in the film Minority Report with Tom Cruise, were he gets help from some computer guy running a fantasy simulator place were people can go kill their boss or fuck someone famous. Then there is a simulator for a game called Battlefield 3 that costs about 100,000us that when your game character gets shot, you get shot with a paintball gun.

I'd say we are not too far away from technology like this. Microsoft bought out a company that developed a mask with a screen inside and supposedly they are trying to develop it for their games console.

Video of the Battlefield simulator.