Very short stop in Bangkok?

garrydirty

If you were flying into Bangers and wanted say a 3 hour stay in Bangers before heading down to Patts ( as hotel already booked)..Is there anywhere this would be possible to stay? I mean i arrive early morning 7-45am and wish to stay in Bangers for 3-4 hours before jumping in a taxi down to Patts, this is due to abit of business in Bangers, but my hotel in Pattaya is already booked and as a No show policy meaning i would lose my money if i did not arrive on the same day as my flight arrives. So was looking for this brief time in Bangers then getting a taxi say around 1pm and down to Patts. Have looked at a few hotels as i dont mind laying the money out for a 1 night stay and then leaving after 3-4 hours, however most hotels only have either a 12pm or 2pm check in, and dont want to just take the chance turning up after paying and them telling me "loom not ready yet"...so any help on this would be helpful. I know i can request early check-in but its down to the hotel if its a yes or no on the day, booking usually through Agoda.....With Thxs Garry

Woraburi Hotel on Soi 4 Garry, have stayed there on my last 3 vists to BKK and I highly recommend it, you would probaly get a walk-in rate of 1000-1100 baht Standard room without breakfast (very comfortable rooms with Tea/Coffee etc), the Taxi drivers outside will also take you to Pattaya for 1200 baht including Tolls with a little haggling :winking0023:

My advice would give them a call from the Airport or the day before you arrive Im because pretty damm sure they will have rooms available

http://www.woraburi.com/

I don't think going into Bangkok is a very good idea - that would take you around 30 min to 1 hr depending on traffic to get to Sukhumvit Soi 4. So if you arrive on time, take around an hour to clear customs and get your bags, it would be around 8:45 am to get a taxi into Bkk - and around 9:15 - 10:00 am to get to the hotel, then you want to take a taxi to Pattaya at 1:00 pm.

You would be better off calling your hotel on arrival to see if they have early check in available. If so, just grab a taxi from the airport to Pattaya, which is a good 45 min - 1hr faster than taking a taxi from Sukhumvit Soi 4. Even if they don't you can take a Bell Bus which will get you to your hotel in around 2 hours, so assuming you get out of immigration and get your bags around 8:45 you will arrive in Pattaya around 10:45 - or perhaps noon, depending on the timing of the Bell Bus schedule.

My advice would be to contact the Pattaya Hotel and tell them you will not arrive until late that night but they are to hold the room with you credit card to guarantee payment. Or tell them you will check in the following morning but happily pay for the night before.

I agree with Rxpharm. It's nuts to try to cram all of this into a very dicey and short window. Hardly worth the stress. Either extend your hours in Bangkok with a late arrival in Pattaya that night or spend the night in Bangkok, pay for the room in Pattaya, and take your time getting there the next day. Otherwise, forget it.

OR, if you are flush with funds and resourceful, rent a room at the Novetel Swampy and pre-arrange for a few of ours to meet you there for an apres-midi 3 hour tea party.

I mean i arrive early morning 7-45am and wish to stay in Bangers for 3-4 hours before jumping in a taxi down to Patts, this is due to abit of business in Bangers, but my hotel in Pattaya is already booked and as a No show policy meaning i would lose my money if i did not arrive on the same day as my flight arrives.

A bit of business? I take it you mean funny business otherwise why would you need a room? Unless you need somewhere to have a shower, shave, etc before hitting the town. It's none of my concern but I suggest you book nothing. Have the taxi take you to the area where you intend to do the "business" & call into nearby hotels where you will soon find one of them who will let you in. And you should find they have a Short Time rate, most of them do. Otherwise negotiate, they won't let a guest go if he's only there a few hours & is prepared to pay for half a day.

I have done it several times in various cities, it's only places like Hong Kong in the middle of a convention where you might miss out.

If you only need to freshen up, do it at the airport. For a fee you can have a shower & change there. As for the Pattaya room, send the hotel a message that you are arriving on a later flight & won't be checking in till late in the day. The No Show policies are there in case you really don't show. Planes run late all the time, the hotel won't care, they just want to know you are coming.

The only hassle with showering at the airport is having your luggage with you. You won't be the first business man to leave it at the reception of the place you are dealing with.

Good luck Garry.

I was needing a room to leave bag in, freshen up, change clothes and then meet up for said business in Bangers , maybe like you say it would be tight, however have now manged to change said business date until later so i can now pop up for a night from Patts, I was just panicking as said businessman was leaving for China for 2 weeks and was trying to catch him before he left, as i only like dealing with him, usually i like to get business out the way before getting onto the holiday side of things. But thanks to everyone for replies. Regards Garry :hi: