Bell Bus Pattaya Don Muang Discontinued Free Shuttle

pdogg

New Service between Don Muang Airport and Pattaya start from October 1st, 2012 !!!

Fare: THB 350/person

Depart from Don Muang Airport: 10:30/14:30/18:30

Depart from Pattaya Bell Office: 06:00/11:00/15:00

At Don Muang Airport, our staff will be witing for you at "Meeting Point" on 1st Floor Gate no. 8, please meet our staff at the meeting point.

Route Details:

From Don Muang Airport == by van ==> Suvarnabhumi Airport == by coach ==>Pattaya

From Pattaya == by coach ==> Suvarnabhumi Airport == by van ==> Don Muang Airport

Advance Booking via www.belltravelservice.com or by e-mail at info@belltravelservice.com

Thank you for your support

• Upvote 1

What I don't quite understand is that the last "van" from Don Muang is at 18:30 which is supposed to connect to a bus from Swampy to Patts. But the last bus out of Swampy is at 18:00.

Now that's funny...But somehow it will work... How? As Philip Henslowe would tell us, "I don't know. It's a mystery.".

The other bus service from Swampy to Pattaya has a bus that leaves at 19:00 hrs...Still not enough time to get from Don Muang to Swampy...But I would guess that Bell will just have to add a later bus to accommodate those Don Muang passengers...Unless of course, you'll just have to hang out at Swampy until the next day...Which just might be their plan...

The other option is...Don Muang is very close to the Northern Bus Terminal which has buses leaving to Pattaya about every 30 to 40 minutes and the last bus leaves at 22:00 hours...The cost is around 130 bht...Taking a cab from Don Muang to the Northern Station and the bus to Pattaya shouldn't cost more than 200 bht all in...You should arrive in Pattaya around midnight...Time to party...

• 3 months later...

The new Bell Travel Services website confirms yet again my law of the universe: every upgrade makes things worse.

Their old website worked like a charm.

While they say on their Home page that their services to DM will soon be upgraded, it appears I cannot book through the website. The drop-down on departure/pick-up does not yet include DM airport. I have emailed them in hope.

Similarly it would not let me book my return from Pattaya to Swampy. After I filled in all the details and submitted, through the Home page, it merely told me no search results were found for my request! Jeeezuz. Again I emailed in hope.

... it appears I cannot book through the website. The drop-down on departure/pick-up does not yet include DM airport. I have emailed them in hope.

Their minibus from Don Muang leaves at 18:30.

If you arrive before that time a girl sits in the 'meeting point' area holding a sign saying "Bell Travel Service".

If you don't see her, walk 10 seconds to the exit door right next to the little DM-Suvarnabhumi Shuttle Bus desk, look out of the door and at 18:30 and you will see the minibus next to the big shuttle bus. You can pay the B350 on arrival.

If for some reason you miss the Bell Travel minibus altogether then take the FREE DM-Suv shuttle bus which runs about every 20 or 40 mins and can arrange it at the little desk I mentioned earlier. Then taxi or whatever as normal from Suvarnabhumi.

I have only used the DM service once. The minibus left late (around 18:50) which was just as well for me as I landed at 18:30 (which is why I never tried to book anything) and I was one of only three passengers and we all paid on arrival. It took us 45 mins to get to Suvarnabhumi due to traffic. Waited there for 30 or 40 mins to board the big bus to the Jomtien drop off, then alone in another minibus to my hotel, all included. I arrived at my hotel around 11pm.

I have just received an email reply from Bell.

They have cut their Don Muang service altogether due to "lack of staff."

They do not take bookings by email or phone. (I had pointed out in my email that their website was refusing to take bookings even ones not involving Don Muang; which is why I was emailing.)

Without any apparent real concern for my fate the emailer concluded with "sorry for any inconvenience." Ha!

Looks like that's the end of patronage of them from me. And perhaps from quite a few FMs and other travelers.

The Bell Travel Service is a good option nevertheless.

You could still take the very regular 'free' shuttle bus between airports and catch the Bell Bus at Suvarnabhumi and save B50 in the process.

Maybe that's why it isn't popular enough to maintain the DM link

The website seems to work for me, I just looked.

Price seems to have increased to 230 baht.

You get to load one bag and one carryon for free.

Each additional bag is 20 baht.

Seems if u have one bag and one carryon you should list bags as 1.  3 bags and 1 carryon you check 3.  4 is not an option.

As Dixon pointed out right next to the Bell Counter at Swamy is the "Jomtien bus" which costs 124 baht and i believe is owned by the same people as Bell.  You can off the bus at Sukhumvit and Pattaya Klang, Sukumvit and Pattaya Tai or the terminal at Thappaya and Theppisit in Jomtien and then catch a reglar baht bus for 10 baht.  

The Sukhumvit stops do require crossing over Sukhumvit on the pedestrian overpass to catch a 10 baht bus down Pattaya Klang or Pattaya Tai.

At Jomtien avoid the overpriced baht biusses waiting in the lot and insteadwalk accross Thappaya (no overpass) and catch a baht bus for 10 baht headed back to Pattaya.

I will continue to use the Bell Bus going to the airport.  But with the no cancellation policy, I won't pre-book flying in and take my chances that the bus is not all booked up,  But where I stay the 124 baht bus a very easy option.

Not sure about the schedule but the Bell leaves Swampy every two hours on even hours and the Jomtien on odd hours.  Bell ends at 18:00 and then the Jomtien bus starts running every hour till 22:00 i think.

I gave their site a test run and it appeared to work for me...

Follow PD's advice...Use Bell to get to the airport and the Jomtien Bus to get to Pattaya from the airport...

From the airport to Jomtien  the cost is nearly the same as Bell and you can also book a ride directly to your hotel...So for about 230 baht you can get from the airport directly to your hotel...And you don't need to pre-book...Just walk up to the counter and buy a ticket...I've used them several times without a hitch...And will likely use them from now on since Bell now requires a nonrefundable prepayment...

From Don Muang, you can also go across the road to the Northern Bus Station...They have buses running to Pattaya all day long...Or, follow DC's advice and use the free shuttle from Don Muang to Suvarnabhumi and catch the whatever there to Pattaya...

If Bell Bus didn't exist, you could still get to Pattaya for a song...

• 1 year later...

The Bell Bus discontinued service to Don Muang quite awhile ago.

There is a free shuttle bus from Don Muang to Swampy.

http://www.suvarnabhumiairport.com/en/122-transfer-bus-between-suvarnabhumi-don-muaeng

There have been reports that sometimes they check for an on-going ticket. They didn't check when  I took it but I got there with seconds to spare and maybe they just wanted to depart quickly. My plan was to show them some boarding pass thingy that really didn't apply since I doubt they scrutinize carefully. But they could and perhaps they do if it looks like the bus will be full.

• 2 months later...

"Jomtien bus"

One of their drivers was arrested for reckless driving, in this case speeding on a road where everyone is speeding.  I feel safer in busses than cabs.  And avoid vans as much as possible.

Police reported that no one was injured in a crash on the Tepprasit Road on Friday Afternoon involving a Bangkok Airport Express Coach and two pick-up trucks.

The crash occurred close to the entrance of Soi Khopia and resulted in the driver of the coach, Khun Pisit aged 57, being arrested and later charged with reckless driving. He was carrying 30 passengers on the coach which was only minutes away from completing its journey from Suvarnabhumi Airport in Bangkok to the Bus Station in front of Foodmart on Jomtien Second Road.

The driver admitted that he failed to see the two pick-ups crossing the main carriageway and was unable to stop the coach in-time and side-swiped one of the trucks which then hit the other.

Police and medics rushed to the scene but were relieved to discover that no one was injured.

http://www.pattayaone.net/pattaya-news/155795/airport-express-coach-involved-in-south-pattaya-crash/

The Bell Bus discontinued service to Don Muang quite awhile ago....

The Bell bus website indicates that it will resume service on November 15, 2014 between Don Muang airport and Pattaya. 

I last used this Bell service on 31 Oct 2012 from Don Muang to Pattaya, but it was a Bell minibus that provided pickup at Don Muang then dropped you off at to Suvarnabhumi (about 50 min), where you took the regular Bell bus to Pattaya.  Looking at the 12:00 and 17:00 pickup times at Don Muang, this might be the same setup.  Back in 2012, Bell did not require advance payment with the booking, and I ended waiting for over an hour for two no shows passengers.

https://www.belltravelservice.com/pages/PageHome.aspx

Pattaya to Don Muang Airport Don Muang Airport to Pattaya will start on November 15, 2014
 Pattaya - Don Muang  (06:30 / 13:30) boarding at Bell Pattaya Office
 Don Muang - Pattaya (12:00 / 17:00) meeting at Seating area near Gate No 2
 Fare: THB 400 / person (No Pick-up or Drop-off service)
 !!! Accept only advance bookings !!!
  • Upvote 1