Russians 'Worst Dressed Tourists' - Skyscanner Poll

4:17

Submitted, without comment :biggrin: :

Russian tourists have a bit of a style problem and are the worst dressers in the world, according to a Skyscanner survey.

Skyscanner, Europe’s leading travel search site, surveyed over 12,000 people in six countries asking them who they believed to be home to the most stylish people and who were the biggest losers on the catwalk.

The Russians scored lowest with 13 points out of 60, especially in the eyes of the British, Spanish and Dutch.

Russians 'Worst Dressed Tourists' - Poll

And, while looking for the original source of this, I came across this news, also from Skyscanner, from much earlier in the year (sorry if I'm posting something that's already been posted/discussed):

A poll conducted by Skyscanner; Europe’s leading travel search site reveals the French have only narrowly beaten the Russians to the coveted title of ‘world’s rudest nation’.

Poll suggests Russians are the 'new rude'

Americans were ranked six -- this is a European poll, mind you -- behind the British, Germans and Chinese, as well as the aforementioned Russians and French.

• Upvote 1

I wholeheartedly agree with the russians being the worst dressed, and the rudest. And im surprised us Americans were 6th, thought we were a little ruder than that, lol. I figure not having much in the way of warm weather clothing contributes to the Russian lack of style, have u ever tried to buy clothing here in Thailand? Seems to be 2 sizes smaller than what im used to, and u know the Ruski's like their tight short shorts n shirts

• Upvote 1

I wholeheartedly agree with the russians being the worst dressed, and the rudest. And im surprised us Americans were 6th, thought we were a little ruder than that, lol. I figure not having much in the way of warm weather clothing contributes to the Russian lack of style, have u ever tried to buy clothing here in Thailand? Seems to be 2 sizes smaller than what im used to, and u know the Ruski's like their tight short shorts n shirts

Rudest I would have to say goes to the middle easterners......man, do they have absolutely NO manners when they visit Pattaya; Russians are probably a close second and they do seem to try their hardest to avoid eye contact and not venture outside the confines of their own little group. Agreed also about the weather and how things just never seem to fit when you buy them in Thailand; so when these Russkies buy shit they look even more ridiculous than usual, and pairing a tight pink top with a purple bottom ain't gonna work no matter WHERE you come from.

I have a good friend who is from Israel, a girl I know on Koh Phangan. She was speaking Hebrew with another girl one night and they were playfully ripping on each other; when I asked Ori what she was talking about she said her friend had no sense of fashion so she was asking her "what, are you Russian or something?" Seems like people from all places know those commies aren't very good with their fashion sense.

I've got a t-shirt on right now underneath my dress shirt -- just got home -- that I bought back in Thailand. It fits fine, but: it's an XL and it fits skin tight. I'm sure it would be XL for your average Thai dude though ...

And I just went OT, but then I started the thread, so it's okay. ;)

And I've seen plenty of Western Europeans go overboard with the goofy-looking, too-small warm-weather clothes bought here while on holiday, not just the Russians. Not that this Yankee is a fashion template or anything, mind you.

The only place in the world I have seen people with mullets and Scorpion's t shirts is Walking Street Pattaya .

Still waiting for the winds of change it seem's :unsure:

Obviously never been to a Wal-Mart in Florida, USA :)

Nor certain neighborhoods in my Midwestern home city of the United States ... really any large city inside of either coast. You could find them on the coasts too, but then they would just be hipsters being Ironic. :indifferent0018:

Got any Meth labs nearby, 4:17?

You know, when I was growing up, and if you went camping or hiking way out in the boonies, on state forest land or a state/national park, it was pot growers you had to watch out for. Back in college, I remember me and some friends were on a three-day backpacking trip, and we came across a trip wire across a trail, two days out from the nearest trailhead. We were like wtf? :shok: ... Then we discovered the pot field smack in the middle of federal land.

Wouldn't you know it, our three-day trip turned into a week long hike ... :rofl: Unfortunately we only had about four-days worth of food between us and no Doritos or chips (crisps to my UK brethren). I remember being high as a fucking kite, in the middle of nowhere, when it dawned on me that 1) I was stoned as fuck and 2) the nearest pizza place, Mexican restaurant or burger joint was at least two-days' hike away.

On a clear, quiet autumn evening, they say you can still here my screaming lamentation echoing among the foothills of the Appalachian Mountains: "NOOOOOOOOOooooooooooo ... FUUUUUUUuuuuuuuk!"

:laugh:

Ah, youth.

Now, in this day and age, it's always some rural meth lab that's blowing up or otherwise getting busted by the local cops ... or some unsuspecting person stumbling across the operation. In the small town where my parents retired to, on a lake, one day not long after they moved in, a real estate agent was showing a house down at the other end of their rural lane to a prospective buyer. The house had been on the market for six months and uninhabited; when they got to the kitchen, they discovered the meth works.

Needless to say, the agent didn't get the sale. :laugh:

I never tried meth -- same same yabba, for those that don't know -- but used to dabble with speed, usually during final exams, I confess. That was more than enough for me.

Buy you're right. Meth labs go hand in hand with mullets and Scorpions t-shirts.

Speaking of which, I remember driving around in my big-ass Ford after school (outside of football and wrestling seasons), age 17, rocking out to the Love at First Sting album. :party0030:

• Upvote 1

Heh, yeah, pretty sure I saw that guy lounging on Beach Road playing chess. On the other hand, he owns the pimp walk -- the dog knows this instinctively.

All kidding aside, it's a brilliant advertisement. There are few guys out there who won't see the irony it and think yeah ... I'm cool like that. The rest of us laugh. Either way, we're talking or thinking about Southern Comfort.