Breaking Bad.

Guest Route65

I'd suggest watching the first half of season 5, then watching the latest episodes. It's been over a year since the season 'break,' so many people heave forgotten what happened in the first 8 epidodes - I know I had.

Th whole season arc makes much more sense if you do this, otherwise it seems disjointed and fragmentary. In other words, WTF is going on and why are they behaving this way?

I took the opportunity to watch the entire 4.5 seasons up to 5.8 only AFTER watching episode 5.9. 5.9 made no sense without the context of 5.1 - 5.8.

Now I get it...

• Upvote 1

Another incredible, gut-wrenching show last night! Holy shit.....

For anyone who reads this thread and has yet to see this show, get; Netflix, the DVD's, steal it, DVR it, download it, etc.....whatever you have to do, and start from season one.   If you don't you are missing one of the best TV shows ever made!

I never open this thread until I've seen the latest episode just in case someone spoils it needlessly. But on top of that I wouldn't be so cuntish as to post something that would spoil it for anyone else either.

You only ever get to see something for the very first time once in your life, so when something as good as Breaking Bad appears it would be shameful to wreck it for others. But self-avoidance is the key.

Once I've seen the most recent episode I enjoy pondering on what's occurred and which way things may go from there, as I'm sure most people do. So reading someone else's opinion mid-season about where they think it's headed or about what's happened I find off-putting, so I avoid that. I might look at them sometime in the future after the whole show is over, but then again I'll probably sit through all 5 seasons once more and make my own mind up all over again because it is that good.

I never read film reviews either, certainly not beforehand. Just knowing if something is worth watching or not is all I need to know, but even then it can change expectation levels, but Breaking Bad most definitely is the dogs bollocks!

You only ever get to see something for the very first time once in your life, so when something as good as Breaking Bad appears it would be shameful to wreck it for others.

I never read film reviews either, certainly not beforehand. Just knowing if something is worth watching or not is all I need to know, but even then it can change expectation levels, but Breaking Bad most definitely is the dogs bollocks.

I´m the opposite. I don't mind if someone tells me, but i know where you're coming from.  I have friends who take extreme measures to avoid spoilers. Like their life is depending on it.

Ive been watching an excellent 8 episodes BBC crimeshow called Broadchurch ,  the old fashioned way, waiting for a new episode each week. After episode 4 i had to check who the killer was.  I don't feel i ruined the show at all. 

Highly recommended show, btw.

Also Top of the lake.  A new British/Australian show of 8 episodes set in New Zeeland based on a Jane Campion book. Very different , beautiful and intriguing.

I read a Rolling Stone review this morning, a long review which REALLY went  into detail about last night's show;  in the comments section at the bottom some young girl says "OMG, I wish I didn't read that article, I haven't even seen the show yet!"

Soooooo.....why were you reading the article? I guess THIS headline wasn't enough for her?

'Breaking Bad' Recap: Walter White Unleashes His Most Awful Things.

Anything goes as the show ties up plot line after plot line, hurtling towards the finale'.

http://www.rollingstone.com/movies/news/breaking-bad-recap-monster-20130916

I'd agree DC that spoilers kinda ruin things sometime, but reviews of movies on aggregate sites like Rotten Tomatoes have saved me from wasting my time on some stink bombs over the years. I would never take the word of ONE critic, but when 75 or 100 of 'em say a movie sucks, I usually take their word for it.

I read a Rolling Stone review this morning, a long review which REALLY went  into detail about last night's show;  in the comments section at the bottom some young girl says "OMG, I wish I didn't read that article, I haven't even seen the show yet!"

Soooooo.....why were you reading the article? I guess THIS headline wasn't enough for her?

'Breaking Bad' Recap: Walter White Unleashes His Most Awful Things.

Anything goes as the show ties up plot line after plot line, hurtling towards the finale'.

http://www.rollingstone.com/movies/news/breaking-bad-recap-monster-20130916

Good article. In the past I've read so much about this show, it became overkill, so i stopped reading anything about it, but this one is good.

Latest episode made me feel uneasy. I´ve always looked at Walt as an (anti)hero , but in this latest episode and whole season five, to see what he's become, hoping he would take a deep breath and come to his senses, but he won't. its just so sad.

Its kinda like watching your folks fighting.

He did do the right thing by calling Skylar and acting like he forced her into the whole thing though;  he knew the cops were listening so he let her off the hook.

{DC, spoiler alert/prediction below!}

Heisenberg has ruined his life and he knows it, so he let Skylar and the kids be free while he takes off into Saul's witness protection program. The last 2 episodes will surely show him getting back at the Neo-Nazi's and maybe even setting Jesse free; then, I think, Heisenberg will die in the last show, either by a bullet or the cancer. 

{DC, spoiler alert/prediction below!}

Heisenberg has ruined his life and he knows it, so he let Skylar and the kids be free while he takes off into Saul's witness protection program. The last 2 episodes will surely show him getting back at the Neo-Nazi's and maybe even setting Jesse free; then, I think, Heisenberg will die in the last show, either by a bullet or the cancer. 

I don't have the same positive feeling about the end, but think it will be more casualties, unfortunately. We´re not in for a happy ending in any way.

In 2 weeks time we´ll know. It´ll be bittersweet to say goodbye to this lot.