Hidden gems in mixed bars

Dan Miller

On a sister forum, attached map was recently posted (hope it's okay to have borrowed it). Since I am not the Pattaya expert, I wonder whether punters who are more familiar in Patts, can enlighten me (and others) a little on bars which are not so often discussed here on LBR. I see bar names which are totally new for me ... and might even add the "Lucky Eye bar" (Soi MIT) which is not even on the map. I assume they are mixed bars (lbs and ggs), but then again ... just my assumption :blink:

map.png

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Thanks for re-posting here Dan.  I immediately saved that map but this time gave you a laughing +1 not the heart one.

Because it is NOT a "hidden gems in mixed bars" map.  Only 2 or 3 of those bars are "mixed"  (Wanwood where you find a couple ladyboys by no means "gems", Coyote may have a few but again not "gems" and maybe Warm Up which I don't recall).  Juju is a disco not a bar.  

I can think of at least 7 bona fide mixed bars along the Buakhao-MIT axis that are not on that map (including 3 or 4 in Treetown) and that indeed have or may have "hidden gem" ladyboys amongst the GGs but I am keeping that info for myself and certainly not sharing it for the benefit of PY that does not want my contributions.

There are also "hidden gems" now on soi 6 where there are no more (as of the last time I passed there last year) all-ladyboy bars.  Quite a few "hidden gems" also in the mixed bars on sois 7, 8, 13 and in Naklua and elsewhere.

That map is helpful for a monger who wants to focus on the area of greatest concentration of ladyboys, which is the Chayapoom-Buakhao-MIT axis.  It's a ladyboy bars map, not hidden gems map, and it throws you off with the inclusion of Sensations which is out of the way and not worth the walk to go there beyond Chayapoom.

• Like 2

Just now, Dan Miller said:

I see bar names which are totally new for me .

Coyote Bar is better know as Pooks.

Andy of the Hideaway owns or is involved in Warm Up, both on Soi Boomerang.

JuJu Club is heaving with ladyboy after 2:30 AM.   Maybe after the 15th when bars are legally allowed to open later it won't get going until 4AM.  JuJu is a double pricing venue where Thais by themselves get cheaper prices than farang.  It's a place The Sith might enjoy.  Sound system must have been expensive as the very loud music adds lots of energy without hurting your ears.  Best to pay in exact change as I know of at least one occasion where a farang had lots of aggravation getting his change back; similar story to what Rom had posted about a Walking Street club.

• Like 3

Thanks for your info Rom and Pdoggg ... very helpful.

Next to these valuable insides from other BMs, I always try to find some info on social media. Most bar which do have quality to offer, won't hesitate to post some photos to lure some customers. So if they don't (or in case of Coyote, the last post is from last year), I assume they don't have anything attractive at all.

So based on your comments and some googling, I will probably pass on Wanwood and Coyote/Pook. Disco's are not really my cup of tea, so will only go to JuJu when TheSith is in town and invites me over :biggrin:. Hustle with money is in general a turn-off for me.

I must admit I haven't visited Soi 6/7/8 etc since 2017, but since I'm only 5 days in Pattaya on my upcoming trip I most likely stay in the Chayapoom-Buakhao-MIT area, as indicated by Rom. Will make an exception for KRU though :crazy:

The Lucky Eye bar got my attention because off a lb I know for many years, which worked in the past in the Full Moon bar in Soi 6. Nowadays she freelances, often out of this bar, under the name 'Ice'. It's definitely a mixed bar ... with a highly variable line-up. Since I like both LBs and GGs I will certainly visit. Will attach some pics (of the ones I like) for reference. Will refrain from posting 'the other ones' :rofl:

This is Ice (confirmed a lb):

ice1.jpg.bebf899dfa9306a84ce3b6130d08962d.jpgice.jpg.38351a94f9ee92c66ae7ca6c3fdb639c.jpg

Maya (assume GG, lovely next door type of girl):

maya1.jpg.547650a96e6de86cb789797d33acb48b.jpgmaya.jpg.403687935199ee49e9cd47dc97a98a7a.jpg

Candy (assume lb, because she looks your dick out of your pants):candy.jpg.42be76c9e67157c9e7ea2df7ce17ee59.jpgcandy1.jpg.1210d7f3ec9fef56816c7234bf97775a.jpg:

And Arina (confirmed GG, the boss so don't know whether barfineable):

arina.jpg.fc2a7ac195945c2335ed24de31a4ce50.jpgarina1.jpg.23dbc8dcf41ec9b3dd7c5a8912ff1d3a.jpg

• Like 3