Feeling of despair

Woodie

I got a rude awakening yesterday.

I was friends with a lb some years ago and we chat quite often. She is one that gets herself in bad situations re money.

She inherited a house from her sister who was killed by her bf!!!!!. Shot her!.

A very nice house. She also had a car. a good one. She took out loans to finance her wedding business. This went bad and she fended off the bank for a long time.

When I spoke to her yesterday she was sitting at her mothers house which is next door to her house. I said why aren't you at your place?.

Told me that bank had taken it AND the car.

I was gob smacked!. It was as much her way of telling me as it was the fact that she did not have her house or car. She was not devastated, or did not seem to be. No tears etc..

I cant stop thinking about it. How she can go from having a house and car to now owning just her clothes.

She has a job making fishing nets. Works sort of 11 hour days and has 2 days off a month!. Go Thailand!.

I know this sort of thing goes on all the time where people lose everything. It just hit me like a bomb!

She is a great girl but just hopeless with money.

She did at one stage have some money but got caught up in a scam and lost it all.

I am gutted for her.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

43 minutes ago, Woodie said:

She was not devastated, or did not seem to be.

I think that is the Thai Buddhist way of thinking. I get upset too about how things go for some of the lbs I have known, but they just seem accepting of it and usually just get on with life.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Quietguy said:

I think that is the Thai Buddhist way of thinking. I get upset too about how things go for some of the lbs I have known, but they just seem accepting of it and usually just get on with life.

Agree Mr. Quiet, they are used to living in the present, don't care and or worry about the future. Sometimes I even envy them for it. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Quietguy said:

Yes, they just seem to shrug their shoulders and keep going.

• Like 1