Fist Time in the Philippines

strocube

Yes. Some of the Taxi drivers are assholes. Many will try to charge double. They say that they have no returning fare if u take them away from their normal routes. This is especially true if you're going to mactan island (AIRPORT). 

I agree that the food is fairly poor. Either fast food or local (bad) products. However i found plenty of fresh fish options which was nice. Also i saw plenty of vendors doing cut mango either yellow Ripe or green Bitter and pineapple. 

• Upvote 1

Ok, so this trip has become a diving safari with a side of ladyboys.

I totally fucked up and booked a place on airbnb in Mactan from the 27 till the 31st. The place is nice enough, but the location is not at all what I thought it was. It's a big corporate high rise condo complex anchored by a fucking McDonalds, fookin hell. Had to cancel.  Strict cancelation policy, will not get my money back. Out like $400 US. Oh well, my fault for not doing my due diligence. 

Headed to Moalboal tomorrow to dive and chill on the beach. Back to Cebu in the 3rd then back to LA on the 4th.

Stressed out from all the accommodation issues. Also dealing with cannabis withdrawals that have me a bit . . . addled, hence the fuck up. Wherever you go there you are, innit. 

Also, no desire for sex, which is also a side effect of no weed and stress. 

Might see what I can find Moalboal as far as ladybiys or girls, but honestly, it's not even a priority right now, just wanna dive and chill on the beach.

Did I mention the food here SUCKS? 

IMG_1714.PNG

IMG_1679.PNG

• Upvote 2

Ok, was able to get my accommodation issues sorted. Made a deal for half the price and a ride to my new destination. Yay! :yahoo:

They were most kind and did not have to accept my offer, but I am happy. 

Will report tomorrow from Moalboal. 

43 minutes ago, wastopcat said:

I stayed in MoalBoal in a Nippa hut. Very nice with balcony onto the sea. Its a nice relaxed place. Not lime Cebu at all. 

There is a disco where i saw many Ladyboys. The quality of which was not great. I was glad i brought one with me. 

Well, I guess if the ladyboys are not so hot, it'll have to be girls then. It's good to be . . . um, flexible. :rolleye0012:

7 minutes ago, sustra2 said:

after all seafood is not that bad..by the way..when diving .are you not afraid of sharks?

Nope, in fact I hope to see them.

The seafood would be good if it weren't smothered in fucking sugar, wtf, honestly. 

Way back in 1996 when I was a scuba instructor in Costa Rica I used to lead dives to go see bull sharks-no cage. Those things are impressive. Now heights, those are scary-sharks, for me, not so much. It ain't like you see on "Shark Week," or whatever. 

On 21/05/2017 at 10:26 PM, wastopcat said:

For sure if you sit outside J Ave you'll be picked up in no time. 

Mango is slowly being demolished. J.Ave has relocated to North Reclamation and is now called Octagon. Alcohology has also gone. The Family Mart (corner at the entry of Mango) is shut down and it was only open a few months ago. And Backdoor has also gone.

Club Holic and Club Ultra still there (as of two weeks ago) but it's a disaster area now, as such, girls/lb's are thin on the groundin Mango. I'll try to take some pix next week.

• Upvote 4

Meh, I am not much for discos, in fact, being a total introvert, I have a really hard time with them, they repulse me. I had all kinds of good luck just hanging out in front of Bo's Coffee at Ayala Mall. Not big on malls, either, but whatever. I just sat there and smiled . . . I wish it were that easy back in the US.

26 minutes ago, strocube said:

Meh, I am not much for discos, in fact, being a total introvert, I have a really hard time with them, they repulse me. I had all kinds of good luck just hanging out in front of Bo's Coffee at Ayala Mall. Not big on malls, either, but whatever. I just sat there and smiled . . . I wish it were that easy back in the US.

Yeah, Ayala is good. You could say Pacitas is an open bar with music rather than a nighclub...it's a beach vibe :)

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, manilaman said:

Mango is slowly being demolished. J.Ave has relocated to North Reclamation and is now called Octagon. Alcohology has also gone. The Family Mart (corner at the entry of Mango) is shut down and it was only open a few months ago. And Backdoor has also gone.

Club Holic and Club Ultra still there (as of two weeks ago) but it's a disaster area now, as such, girls/lb's are thin on the groundin Mango. I'll try to take some pix next week.

Mmm. I must say im not too upset by that news. I never liked it much. Iit was convenient tho for a mid week. I was more often at Time Sq in Mandaue at the weekend. LIV was the popular club there. Also not far from thereis MO2 I have seen some prospects there also. 

Might be worth a try. 

The food here in Moalboal is oddly and thankfully MUCH better than the SHITE in Cebu. Lots of variety and plenty of fresh fruits and veggies. Have had some excellent sea food, sashimi no less! 

I understand that if you want decent food in Cebu, you pretty much gotta go to Chinese and Korean places. Noted. 

Ok, so ladyboy action . . . I contacted this little cutie on Pinay Love. Asked her if she might like to come out to Moalboal for a few days with me. Made her an offer, and she accepted. I have never met her. Have only briefly corresponded with her and seen her pics. Kind of a risk, for both of us, really. Hoping for the best. 

The deal is, she'll come out her on the 1st of June, then we both go back to Cebu City together on the 3rd. I fly out on the 4th.

IMG_0264.JPG

IMG_0263.JPG

• Upvote 2

Thanks, TM. 

So my last night in Cebu City, before heading out to Mactan, I had a very sexy evening with a gorgeous ladyboy. Picked her up at Ayala, outside Bo's Coffee. Offered her $2,000 pesos ($40 US) plus $200 for the taxi. Great. So, you know, I texted her and told I had a lovely evening. She replied in like manner. I figured that was that. Wrong. For the past couple of days she's been sending me texts telling me she loves me and misses me. At first, I simply replied that I thought she was a gorgeous girl, etc, but that I was leaving, and more than likely not coming back anytime soon, etc. Then she keeps calling me, but I have not picked up the phone.

I feel kinda bad. Is she bullshitting me, trying to play on my emotions, what? I never promised her anything other than what I had offered her. Feel like a dick for not picking up the phone, but I do not wanna deal with some emotional scene. 

Anyway, another ladyboy has confirmed that she is coming out to Moalboal tomorrow. Very much looking forward to that, just hope I'm up for it. 

Been dealing with ear issues, more than likely related to all the diving I've been doing. Did not dive today. Not feeling exactly %100 because of that and not sleeping much. Went into town today to see if I could get some Valium, or one of its analogues, but did not have any luck. Have ambien, but that shit ain't working. 

Did I mention cannabis withdrawals are no joke? I feel like the Lloyd Bridges character in the movie Airplane. "I picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue." 

• Upvote 1