Patong Tuk Tuk Driver Savagely Beats Brit

Pdoggg

Despite a beautiful beach and beautiful ladyboys it seems many guys avoid Phuket because of out of control tuk tuk driers, jet ski operators, etc.

PHUKET: Police have charged a Phuket tuk-tuk driver for savagely beating a British national over a discrepancy in the price of a ride in Patong on December 15.

“William Joseph Kamarell, 22, explained that a tuk-tuk driver had picked him up at Soi Bangla in Patong and took him about five kilometers to where he was staying on Nanai Road,” explained Lt Col Anukul Nuket of the Patong Police. “The 27-year-old driver, Sutee Longklang, demanded 1,000 baht for the trip. However, Mr Kamarell refused and offered him only 300 baht, the normal rate for the trip.”

Mr Sutee then allegedly attacked Mr Kamarell, beating him to the ground before fleeing the scene.

“We were able to locate Mr Sutee and bring him to the station, where Mr Kamarell confirmed that he was the one who had attacked him,” Col Anukul said.

Mr Sutee was charged for assault.

i used to stay in nanai Road myself and from/to Bangla Road i always paid 150/200 ( stopping for 7/11 to buy water ) on Motorbike Taxi...high season now so i guess now is more...

But i always ask before how much it is....

Then....i met a personal ladyboy driver that took me home every night...the rate was 1.500....but for an additional service included....

so we have to look if the tuktuk driver offered an additional service too...in this case 1000 is more then reasonable....

• Upvote 3

The few times I've been to Patong I just avoided the tuk-tuk drivers. Got a room near Bangla Road and never used a tuk-tuk. I did go to the mall in Phuket City once in a tuk-tuk with six bar girls that all worked at the same bar and lived together. But they arranged for the tuk-tuk to take us to Phuket city for 250 baht. I've had worse times than riding in the back of tuk-tuk with six bar girls... :biggrin:  But the tuk-tuk wasn't too speedy with that many passengers (plus the driver and another farang in the front) climbing the hill out of Patong.

• Upvote 2

These sort of issues are so difficult for me, because on one hand, I think people who don't research what a place is like & all the pit falls which may be encountered within it, are usually the types that do the most disrespectful & distasteful stuff, so it's hard for me to find that much sympathy for them... If they've got enough money to get on the plane then they should have enough nouce to find out what a certain culture's people can behave like!

But, I equally am disgusted by a culture that invites us in on mass & then refuses to punish or curtail the mostly cowardly & brutish actions dealt out to us by the petty gangsters who've obviously been taken under the wing of the police & know that they can deal out beatings to most of us, with impunity... It drones on & on the same old stories over & over again, year after year, nothing ever done, nothing ever likely to change, in my time, that's for sure.

How many times has it been said that the Phuket taxi mafia is going to be quashed?????.. They know we're weak, scared & soft, they know they can phob us off with any old shit & we'll forgive them, maybe apologize to them, even?... They know we'll go anywhere & tolerate anything for a cheap holiday.

We should stop using their cabs & jet skies, pure & simple... But too many of us are weak... Change your karma, for fuck sake.

Fuck all of them, bunch of cunts! The stupid tourists & the arsehole Thai, skinny little, sickening, gangsta bully boys.

Rant over

:hi:

PS. For fuck's sake get your 'quote' button sorted out Pdoggg, I really wanted to reply to Sustra

Great last line, by the way, Sustra!

• Upvote 2

Nice post Luung +1   :dwarf:

PS. For fuck's sake get your 'quote' button sorted out Pdoggg, I really wanted to reply to Sustra

Something such as the Quote function is often Browser dependent.   Have you tried a different browser?

Or alternatively if you really prefer using just one browser, very often Clearing the Browser Cache will solve a problem such as this about 50% of the time.

If neither of these work we can set up a new account for you and transfer your post count and rep points.