Palestine Statehood

SiamSam

This week Palestine is petitioning the UN seeking recognized statehood. If the members of the UN agree the United States says it will use its veto to kill it.

This baffles the hell out of me. Can someone please explain what's up with the U.S.? Is this primarily about Israel and if so, what exactly is this unconditional love for Israel?

As a Canadian, I know you don't understand it, but I have seen it as a Canadian working as an expat - the Jewish lobby in the US is very influential and has a lot of money to direct to support Israel's interests. If the US did not veto the vote, you can be sure that the Democrats would not see much monetary support from the Jewish lobby for the next election.

While I don't believe in the Jewish conspiracy that some do, I do understand they have a strong influence on the US government.

• Upvote 1

Both you guys are dead on the money. For a POTUS to diss the Jew lobby would be at the very least political suicide.

RX, it is not just the Dems though, the Repugs are just as complicit.

It is sickening, really. The Palestinians deserve that land just as much as the Jews and deserve statehood just as much.

Both you guys are dead on the money. For a POTUS to diss the Jew lobby would be at the very least political suicide.

RX, it is not just the Dems though, the Repugs are just as complicit.

It is sickening, really. The Palestinians deserve that land just as much as the Jews and deserve statehood just as much.

Special interests dominate most governments and they play ball with both major parties in the USA producing Dem Jewish Treasury Sect Rubin and Repub Christian Scientist Treasury Sect Paulson, both Goldman Sucks alum.

IMO Palestine has a legit gripe but has little power or influence in the States. They don't even have oil which along with Israel has been the cornerstone of USA Mideast policy for decades. Both the Jewish lobby and Big Oil exert undue influence. The Average Joe doesn't stand a chance against the special interests but it seems enough trickles down to keep him placated.

Just a note to ya'll but...Jew. Jewish, Judaism are not synonymous with Israel or Israeli or Israelis...The former refers to a religion or perhaps one's ethnicity...The latter refers to a nation and one's nationality...

Point taken, however, while it is not true that all Jews are Israelis, it is true that by far most Israelis are Jews. In 2010, Israel's population was an estimated 7.6 million, of whom 5,776,500 are Jews. As of 2008, Arab citizens of Israel comprise just under 20% of the country's total population.

636px-Population_of_Israel.png

Perhaps as it should be Left One...But nearly half of the World's Jewish population of about 13 million live somewhere other than Israel...Not surprisingly most of those live in USA...Hence the very strong Israeli lobby in the USA...

But...very surprisingly, it is estimated that the total Jewish population is decreasing at about 50,000 Jews a year...Soon...well, not in my lifetime...there won't be any more Jews...No more bagels... gefilte fish...matzoh...kugel...

And I do like my matzoh balls...I like ladyboy balls too...I don't think the ladyboy population is declining though...

If the decline is true, will there still be an Israel?

Maybe the Cohen brothers can produce a movie...The Last Jew...It's not too late to write the script Big Boy...

• Upvote 1

But...very surprisingly, it is estimated that the total Jewish population is decreasing at about 50,000 Jews a year...Soon...well, not in my lifetime...there won't be any more Jews...No more bagels... gefilte fish...matzoh...kugel...

And I do like my matzoh balls...I like ladyboy balls too...I don't think the ladyboy population is declining though...

The Jewish population is declining because non-Orthodox Jews don't bang out babies like Hispanics and also because of mixed marriages. If I had a career do-over I might choose to be a demographer.

The ladyboy population is increasing as it becomes more socially acceptable in the new millenium. If you like conspiracy theories, some say there is a secret ladyboy breeding program in Issan with the aim of increasing tourism. :clapping:

• Upvote 1

A few other countries must have those same secret lb breeding programs, because more and more lbs seem to be appearing out of the woodwork here too. :clapping:

I know 3 lb sisters in one family. they have 2 GG sisters, and their mom has a good govt job and supports the whole lot of them as for maintaining a household and buying food, etc. Their dad died prematurely several years ago. I guess having all his sons become lbs was more than his heart could bear. :rolleyes:

I know a set of identical twin lbs too. Most all lbs tell me here anymore acceptance from the family is very common and basically the norm. This is supposed to be a traditional Catholic country too, so WTF is going on? It is in the water I guess.

I suspect the change in attitude has more to do with the country celebrating your presence rather than anything to do with the water. You should visit other heavily populated Catholic countries to see if the trend continues. If so, we might have "Pope Lefty" to follow hence forth. As you know I was there for you from the beginning. You have always been my sunshine. :air_kiss:

Just a note to ya'll but...Jew. Jewish, Judaism are not synonymous with Israel or Israeli or Israelis...The former refers to a religion or perhaps one's ethnicity...The latter refers to a nation and one's nationality...

True I'm opposed to Zionism and supportive of the Palestinians that doesn't make me anti Jew just anti Zionist .

Some of the great leaders have been Jewish , Karl Marx and Leon Trotsky .

• 5 weeks later...

All I can say is well done USA, fuck the Palestinians,the Israelis have got to have somewhere to live, my old man was sent to Palestine after WW2 and has some right stories about them, he sits watching the tV when they are doing the usual stupid rag head trick of throwing bricks at men with guns and is egging on the Israelis to shoot them 80 . Tasteless eh ?

Not only USA but Russia and Britain tend not to be great Palestinian supporters,you cannot let the rule of the mob win over a legitimate government no matter whether you agree with them or not.

quite possibly the dumbest post on the forum hound.....my old man was in the palestine police after the war-before he was demobbed....did your old man never tell you about the time the Stern gang hung 3 british soldiers and booby trapped the bodies so they killed more as they were being cut down/I never heard anyone who served in the PPPF to have a good word to say about Menachim Begin and his "freedom fighters"