What song sums up Pattaya for you ?

Jimslim

Yeah, a real step back in time there Lefty....good post.I wonder if any of the bar girls pictured,are the moms of the LBs and GGs we know in Patttaya.?

Grandmas?

Over the Mekong and through woods to grandmother's house we go.......

Welcome back to my buddy Lefty! :drinks:

Well somebody's gotta ask em Lung......it just happened to be my turn...(its nearly always my turn-555)

There probably wouldn't even be a scene in Pattaya nowdays, if it wasn't for that bunch mate 555

My question whould be, how many of them would still hold their arsehole open for a shag today, if you offered them some money??

Nice one Lefty and +1 from me as old George"No Show" Jones is one of my favorites of all time in country music,the video was also very nice too,and the gals looked lovely even from back in the day.

This song though always reminds me of LOS even though I never heard it there! Just listen too the words and I think you'll all know why! :biggrin:Please wait until 1:30 to really appreciate this as I couldn't cut off the first part.

[media=]

[/media]
  • Upvote 1

Yeah, a real step back in time there Lefty....good post.I wonder if any of the bar girls pictured,are the moms of the LBs and GGs we know in Patttaya.?

I have wondered the same exact thing during the many times I've watched this video. I'm not old enough to have been there, but the scenes make me think of my year at Osan AB, Korea in the mid 70s.

Either this video or one of the others from the same dude, has some shots of lbs mixed in, maybe 2-3 only though.

Terrific video Lefty. Interesting to see the beginnings of the what know of the bar towns today. The gals look lovely even with those whacky hairdos.

It is kind of funny to see the Thai girls wearing their hair in what was the current styles in places like the US and England back then. I'd guess most of the farang would have been more attracted to them had they just worn their hair in the traditional Thai styles, rather than trying to Americanize themselves.

Since Cherry from Famous is one of my favorite lbs in Pattaya, Every song with Cherry or any name close to that, reminds me of Pattaya. I used to sing that old Frankie Valli song Sherry Baby to her, when I walked past and she was sitting out front, but change the name to Cherry. Then there is that old Warrant song Cherry Pie, that I am practicing up on, in case she is still there whenever I go back. Also there is the Neil Diamond song, and another song called Cherry Oh Baby. The Stones do it, also ub40, but I prefer Eric Donaldson's version the best.

I cannot think of anymore Cherry songs.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UW_u-htXz5M