Farang Wanted In Murder Of Nana Bargirl

pdogg

A farang is wanted for the murder of a Nana Plaza bargirl named Pook.

The killer cut her up and mixed her remains with animal meat in a suitcase in a cover up attempt.

The police are now seeking the guy walking with Pook in this CCTV video for questioning.

RIP Pook.

• 3 weeks later...

Swiss man detained as person of interest in murder of sex worker
By Coconuts Bangkok December 12, 2014 / 13:58 ICT

cctv-suitcase.jpg

A Swiss man police believe was the person last seen with a brutally murdered sex worker from the Nana area was detained by immigration police in Ayutthaya today.

Hato Mussi, 40 of Switzerland, is in the custody of Ayutthaya city police while investigators from Kanchanaburi province, where the body of 31-year-old Laksmi Manochart was found Nov. 6, will travel to question him later today.

Police said Mussi is the man seen in CCTV footage the Nana Entertainment Plaza on Soi Sukhumvit 4 leaving with Laksmi before reportedly getting in a Kanchanaburi-bound taxi.

A suitcase filled with Laksami’s dismembered remains mixed with animal parts was later pulled from the Mae Klong river.. She was last seen with a tall, muscular, caucasian man on Nov. 1 in the CCTV footage.

Hato is being held on immigration charges while the investigation continues, TNews reported.

• 1 month later...

BANGKOK – Pol Col Kritsana Pattanacharoen, superintendent of the Foreign Affairs Division’s Interpol office, said Interpol issued a “red notice” to international law enforcement agencies alerting them that an arrest warrant has been issued by Provincial Police Region 7 for Shane Kenneth Looker, 45, a British national wanted for the murder of Laksami Manochat in November of last year.

The Kanchanaburi Provincial Court had authorised the interpol arrest warrant for the Briton on charges of murdering and illegally disposing of the body of Laksami

Tha Muang district police told the Bangkok Post, Mr Looker’s DNA, taken from nail clippers in the suspect’s home, matches samples collected from Laksami’s body.

Laksami Manochat’s naked body was found inside a red suitcase along with a shirt, bra, underwear, a pair of jeans, high-heel shoes and an empty wallet.

Pol Col Kritsana said police have already contacted Interpol and sought cooperation from 19 countries with which Thailand has extradition treaties, including the United Kingdom.

http://bangkokinformer.com/151577/interpol-warrant-issued-for-briton-shane-kenneth-looker/

Shane Looker, the Brit wanted for murdering Nana bargirl Laxami “Pook” Manochat, is protesting his ­innocence – while on the run.

Speaking through his lawyers, he admits he paid a bar fine to “spend time” with dancer Pook but ­insisted he did not kill her.

It is being reported that he is preparing to hand himself in to the police but fears being held in a Thai jail would jeopardise his chances of mounting a proper defence.

The whereabouts of Looker remains a mystery but last week he spoke to lawyers to stress his innocence. He said:

“Yes, I did know her. I’m ­happy to accept that I spent time with her.

“She is a bar girl that I knew previously and I ­accept that I paid the bar fine.

“There is no way in the world that I’d ever hurt any woman let alone kill her.

“This is a despicable crime which I vehemently deny. I look forward to proving my ­innocence in the fullness of time. I have been advised to get my affairs in order so that I can ­surrender to the ­appropriate ­authorities with a properly ­instructed legal team.”

Jason Coghlan, of JaCogLaw legal services told the Sunday People: “We have been ­contacted by Shane Looker.

“He has told me ­categorically he had absolutely nothing to do with this woman’s ­murder. We have ­advised him he needs to hand himself in to the ­authorities.

“But his concern, and ours as his legal advisers, is that this takes place in conditions which don’t affect his ability and right to ­defend himself against these very serious accusations.”

Mr Coghlan said: “The DNA that’s said to have been found doesn’t make him guilty of ­murder, nor does the fact he was with her shortly before she disappeared.

“There’s an inherent unfairness in trying to defend yourself when you’re in a Thai prison and haven’t had a chance to get your financial affairs in order.

“That’s ­something that needs to be addressed.

“Looker is ­obviously aware that it’s far better for him to hand himself in before he’s caught.”

He said Looker was not revealing the full details of his defence until he has had a face-to-face meeting with his lawyer. Then he will hand himself in.

Mr Coghlan added: “If the Thai ­authorities believe that they need to arrest him so they can ascertain whether he played a role in this woman’s murder, that’s fair enough.

“But if an innocent man is arrested and thrown into prison without any access to money with which to ­properly defend himself, there is obviously a much higher risk of a miscarriage of justice.”

It was also confirmed on Friday that Looker is not being investigated regarding any other deaths or murders in Thailand as was reported by English tabloid The Sun on 1st February.

Pol.Lt.Col.Werapong confirmed to me by email that Looker “is not involved with those two murder cases in Northern Thailand.”

http://www.stickboybangkok.com/news/bargirl-murder-suspect-shane-looker-protests-innocence/