60 day emergency degree in bkk...

PANIC

A 60 day emergency degree was issused late on Thusday handing security agencies wide powers to detain

suspects,and limit gatherings in and out bkk...

About 10 minutes ago i got a pic from a friend in bkk of what is going there now,also i was told that the airport still is open and you can go to bkk only with the sky train,also that the area around asok,siam paragon,nana no cars can drive due to the protesters there....post-403-0-22895000-1390397078_thumb.jpe

i hope that soon everything will be again back to normal...i am flying there on the 7th march.

• Upvote 1

I am due in on the 15th! Ouch. I hate the thought of cancelling..... There's always a plan B though.

Cheers,

ET

et i also have a plan ....i will be there on the 8th March,iF for any reason i cannot go to bkk,i have to go to pattaya,or phuket

I've been going horse racing in Bangkok every Sunday since 29 December, using the skytrain, and with no problem at either of the tracks (Patumwan and Nanglerng).  This Sunday, though (26th) will be the first since the Emergency Decree .. I'll post if there are any problems. btw I get off the skytrain at Siam and Ratchathewi stations, and catch a motorbike taxi to the track

I can't give any other advice at this stage.

The advice you should follow is to avoid areas where the protestors have gathered. From the reports in the papers, it sounds as if the gov't will not arrest or break up the crowds, but they would try to arrest the protest leaders.

This is an excellent time to get bargains at the 5 and 4 star hotels, which are giving discounts of 60-70%. You will also have an advantage for price negotiations with the ladies in BKK.