Bourbon Street Cajun Food and Party House

HubbaBubba

Being a southern boy and growing up in the deep south, I sometimes get a desire for some good southern food. It is hard to find outside of the south in USA.

I grew up going to Mardis Gras every year since I was a toddler. Bourbon Street was always a stop and I still remember my youth of looking inside a bar and seeing fuck shows on stage. I collected beads and necklaces for years and years. I marched in several parades with my band. Recollections of good Cajun food are infused with these memories.

A friend took me to this restaurant. It is great food and reasonable prices. I had Spinach Artichoke dip for appetizer and Red Beans and Rice with Italian Spice Sausage for the main course. It was very tasty and good. They have special nights and all you can eat plates from time to time. Tuesday is Mexican night and I want to try that one night.

The restaurant is a bit hard to find off of Sukhumvit Soi 22 but if you turn onto the soi from Sukhumvit it is the first left. You will walk through a gate and walk to the end of the street. There is the hotel and restaurant.

They have masks from New Orleans parades on the wall and the atmosphere is very Louisiana feel. It is not a 5 star restrurant but more of a local dive and hangout. Yet, if you like Cajun food, it is very tasty!

The rates were a bit over 200 baht for main courses and some of the stuff 300 baht. But, all in all, I thought I got a great deal. The owner was there and said a big thank you as we were leaving. The wait staff was fast and attentive.

I know we have a lot of readers from the south. Give this place a try when in Bangkok and want to feel like you are back home!

Bourbon St. Restaurant and Oyster Bar, Boutique Hotel

29/4-6 Sukhumvit Soi 22

Washington Square

Bangkok 10110, Thailand

Tel: +66-2 259-0328/9

http://www.bourbonstbkk.com/

• 4 years later...

Damn, I wish I had know and had the time PD...NOLA is one of my very favorite places to visit........A beignet at the Cafe Du Monde and a crawfish po'boy at some small hole-in-the-wall restaurant........Damn damn, I can smell and taste NOLA from here............

As much as I love NOLA, being there in July is way down on my list of things to do, like being in Bangers in April... I remember being with a "ladyboy" originally from Guam there years & years ago who swore she partied with Jimmy Page & Robert Plant when they came through town, I wouldn't doubt it - she was gorgeous. Trying to remember the name of the bar I used to go to, not Papa Joeys or The Roundup but the one on the next corner from that 1 block off Bourbon. 

One of my favorite US cities... October through early May anyway!