what are BM's thoughts on this , have been to Cambo and there are pretty scarce on the ground for the most part in my experience, and i imagine that many in Lao ( due to similar language and better opportunities) end up in LOS anyways, much more than LB's from Cambo , so anyways which place has more and is it even close ?

• Upvote 1

Been to both places many times and haven't seen Ladyboys to any large extent in either place. Other guys can speak better about Cambodia recently, and I am sure there are a few in Phnom Penh and Sihanoukville, but in regards to Laos don't go there if you are on a serious LB quest.  It's a beautiful place but seriously lacking in any kind of established sex scene, which is probably best for the country in general.

In Vientiane, you will find a few every night in the bars along the river; 4 or 5 spend their time in Bor Pen Yang, a nice 3rd floor restaurant/terrace with cheap Beer Lao.  But the bars all close at 1145 or so, and if the few hookers there are not your style you most likely won't have any luck.   There are usually some VERY young LB street walkers walking around late at night, stay away from them at all costs. They look drugged out and spacy and well below 18.  Keep in mind also that most guest houses and small hotels enforce a mandatory "no local guests" policy which make it harder to get laid.  The hookers will know which hotels to take you to but then it could get expensive and the room you rented is now worthless.

They may be able to bribe your hotel clerk also but again, kind of expensive and could be uncomfortable staying there after that.

In Luang Prabang there is literally nothing going on, I did see a few ladyboys there once but they were just kids. As you alluded to, it seems that most "adult" LB's in Laos go to work in Pattaya or BKK, so the ones left there are super-young or have worked in the trade for years in Thailand and have gone back home now. I have a good friend who is a postie who has done this, she is pushing 30 now and worked in Pattaya for a while a decade ago.

Laos is a great place to visit - I spent 2 months there in 2012 - but the sex scene is pretty non-existant. You can go there for a quick Visa run and to see the sights,  but if you are in Asia to get laid you are better off just getting your stamp and heading straight back to Thailand.  Better luck with Cambo!

• Upvote 2

Laos is a great place to visit - I spent 2 months there in 2012 - but the sex scene is pretty non-existant. You can go there for a quick Visa run and to see the sights,  but if you are in Asia to get laid you are better off just getting your stamp and heading straight back to Thailand.  Better luck with Cambo!

So Cambo is still much better option of the 2 then ?

From what I have seen, yes.

Again, lots of guys who read here go to PP regularly, maybe some of them will chime in. Besides the two I chatted with briefly in Snookyville last year I myself have never even SEEN a ladyboy in Cambodia after 14 years of going there; although I am sure there are some in the capitol. But then again I really wasn't looking; why go for 2nd rate when you have the cream of the crop in Thailand?

I think the bottom line is, if you are going to Asia to screw Ladyboys just stay in Thailand unless you need to renew your Visa somewhere or really want to do some sightseeing.  You could meet more in a place like Chiang Mai or Chiang Rai or even Issan than you ever will in Laos or Cambo;  but really, in reality if you just want to screw LB's just stay in Pattaya and BKK.

• Upvote 1

@Globetrotter,

I haven't been to Laos yet, so can't comment on anything there. I would agree with JaiDee that you should stick with Thailand if playing with ladyboys is your primary motivation for your trip.  However, when I went to Siem Reap two years ago (has it been that long already.... :( ), there were enough ladyboys there to keep my attention in between touring the temples in Ankor Wat.  Surprisingly, I didn't find a big ladyboy scene in Phnom Pehn, however, the GG action there is crazy and cheap, although a little depressing to me personally, but I know the guys who monger with GG's find Cambo GG action in the capital FANTASTIC.

Finally, in the beach town of Snookyville, there was a smattering of LB's, so if you plan an excursion to Koh Rung, or Koh Rong Samloen, or trekking/mountain biking in the jungle national parks, then you can find a few LB's back in Snookyville to relax with to top off your adventures.

In short, Cambo is a great adventure in an of itself, with the added bonus that if you look, you can find ladyboys as icing on the cake (think Pyramids of Giza, or African Safari with ladyboys extra), but if you just want a week or two of non-stop ladyboy action...stick with Thailand...

Cheers,

Randi

post-743-0-45502200-1377280498_thumb.jpg

post-743-0-03168500-1377280510_thumb.jpg

post-743-0-03123500-1377280657_thumb.jpg

post-743-0-89024000-1377280712_thumb.jpg

post-743-0-95984100-1377280716_thumb.jpg

post-743-0-17794500-1377280723_thumb.jpg

• Upvote 2