What Would You Do?

Hoot

The recent topic of the farang beat down at the Kangaroo Bar in Patong got me to thinking.  There are so many dangerous situations in Thailand where I believe my reaction should be different than they would be in the western world.  But I'm not really sure how I'd really react - my human nature vs. what I've been told.  It's painful for me to sit idly by and watch someone I know in distress and not even try to help them.

I've got a few real life situations that I know people have been through.  This is the first one, I'm curious how you would react in this situation.

Ladyboy on Ladyboy Beat Down

A few years back a friend recounted this true situation to me:

You're strutting down walking street, proud as can be - the ladyboy of your dreams is on your arm. You've been having an amazing night, fantastic dinner at Central Festival, a trip to the movies, now you're about to hit the discos because she love's to dance - even if you don't.  You've only known her for a week, but you've connected.  If you weren't a butterfly man, this would be the one.  Your attention is focused down walking street, navigating between the nimrods clogging the passage on your way to the disco.  Out of the shadows pounce three or four ladyboys. You don't see them coming or even have time to react.  They grab your date, throw her down and begin to give her a severe beating. She's bleeding but they don't stop the onslaught of punches and kicks. You are sat there watching.  

What do you do? 

• Upvote 1

Well I'm a 52 year old bald guy who doesn't much punch his weight anymore & I'm hardly big enough to whistle up a cat's arse... But if I'd got to know my date a bit & figured she was a gentle soul at heart with a sweet disposition who didn't start trouble, then I'd wade in & do some damage the other ladyboys beating up on her, no probs!.. Don't see how I'd be able to stop myself, in fact.

Same as you 'Hoot' it's too painful for me to sit idly by and watch someone I know in distress and not even try to help them!

Forget what you've been told, you know what's right & if you've accepted this other individual as a friend you should show that by standing by her side, even take a beating with her if you have to!

But that's easy for me to say, I'm not everyone & maybe a bit more confident in physical confrontations than most. However, I can perfectly understand others not having the stomach for it... But you can do something, run for help, start screaming for the police, pick up something, anything... Just please don't stand by & do nothing!!