Beach Bar Option

bumblebee

For anyone who fancies a late afternoon sunset beer with a beach feel to it, the Cabana Bar/Rim Talay restaurant is an option.  It's out in Naklua, at the end of Soi 18, or if the tide is out it can be reached from the end of north end of Beach road, but beware you have to pass the beach bunniers on that route. :biggrin:

The prices look ok in happy hour, so get there before 5 pm if you are watching the Baht.

post-106-0-61931400-1369346885_thumb.jpg

post-106-0-86416300-1369346893_thumb.jpg

post-106-0-76913700-1369346900_thumb.jpg

post-106-0-79399500-1369346906_thumb.jpg

post-106-0-47621000-1369346913_thumb.jpg

post-106-0-39188300-1369346921_thumb.jpg

Looks just perfect to include in one of our route march walks, Hoot   :biggrin:

I can see a plan hatching for November, I'm up for it if you'll be around.  Though I best get back on the treadmill soon, don't want to keel over clutching my chest half way there...  :biggrin:    It's been awhile, hope you are doing well my friend.

I can see a plan hatching for November, I'm up for it if you'll be around.  Though I best get back on the treadmill soon, don't want to keel over clutching my chest half way there...  :biggrin:    It's been awhile, hope you are doing well my friend.

Yes all okay here Hoot, remember to wear a stay cool T Shirt next time  :biggrin:

Sounds like a plan Hoot.  There are usually a few gus in town in November, maybe a good spot to kick of a bit of exploring on Naklua.  It's at the beach end of Soi 18 as i mentioned, the same soi as TJ's music bar.

I'll be up for it... and as "someone" has been known to say - November is party season  :drinks: 

I quite liked that side of town when BigTel took me on a loooong hike out that way a couple years ago.  

(OK - maybe I'm exaggerating the distance a bit, but I was out of shape and if you want to really feel out of shape you go on a hike with BigTel  :sign0181:  )  I know I had an excellent time, clean beaches, less populated, more relaxed - I liked that area very much.  Never got to experience any of the nightlife though.  Let's do it.  Bring on November!