A call to all business owners, entrepreneurs, and those in the know-please help

kfrank91

Hello.  My name is Kevin, and this is my letter of introduction.  I am in my early 30s.  This is my first post, and I sincerely hope it will be life-changing.    I currently stay in the southern part of the United States.  I just recently graduated with a masters degree in communication and video.  And I desperately want to work and live in Asia.

Here is a bit of my history:  The first international trip of my life was to Thailand in 2009.  I was taking a break from school because I did not quite know what I wanted to do in the area of communication.  I have loved video and film my whole life ever since I saw Star Wars on tv and yet I didn't know what my future was in this area.   I wanted to totally get out of my daily routine and go to the other side of the world. Even after gathering information, I didn't know quite what to expect when I got off the plane at the Bangkok airport.  However, as most of you know who have been to Thailand, I completely and utterly fell in love with the unique culture and the openness of the people.  I stayed for three weeks and divided my time between the crowded activity of Bangkok, the quiet and chaotic beauty of Pattaya, and the lush scenery of Phuket.    On the flight back to America, I knew my life would never be the same again and that I desperately wanted my future to be in Asia.    Since 2009, I have been to Thailand once more and the Philippines twice.  Yet how does an American make a future in Asia possible unless someone gives him an opportunity?  This is the question I constantly ask myself on a daily basis.   

I am good with a camera.  Just go to Youtube and type in kfranklinful in the search box, and you will see some of my travel videos from Thailand and the Philippines.  I can also write anything from reviews and reports to commentaries.  But this only scratches the surface of what I can do.  I am willing to start anywhere no matter how low on the ladder.  I just seek a chance for a future in Asia.   

I hope with so much in me that this letter resonates you and touches you deeply and takes you back to a time when someone gave you an opportunity in Asia to prove yourself and shine.  I just want an opportunity to work hard and show my worth.  I am a young man with limitless drive, ambition, and passion.  I just need that one opportunity, that one shot, that one open door.  Thank you so much to any and all who read this sincere declaration of hope for the future.  Thank you so much to any and all who reply.  I am so grateful.

With so much appreciation,

Kevin

• Upvote 2

Saw your post, wanted to wish you luck. To be honest, I don't think most of the audience you want to reach will be reading the ladyboy forum(s) but I gotta admire your initiative. 

There are some farang business groups in LOS, like the Rotary - you might seek them out and try to contact your potential audience through those sort of vehicles.

Best of luck!

• Upvote 1

Welcome Kevin. 

I do not think there has been any one who returned from their first trip to Thailand not thinking their life was changed forever more. After my first trip I was so taken with the place I think I returned there another 6 or 7 times within a 12 month period. It truly is the Holy Land in many ways. It is a kind of Mecca and like Mecca it makes more sense to do a regular pilgrimage rather than reside there. At least for many of us who hang out on this forum. 

However you're young and seemed bound and determined to try it out. Like Deepthroat above I wish you the best in pursuing your dream and making it a reality. My advice is to go at it slowly. In other words try it out for a brief period rather than abandoning your ties, work, family, et cetera back home. After a few months in Thailand you might feel its not for you on a permanent basis. If that turns out to be the case it would be good to not have severed any emotional, supportive, or financial/career ties back home. 

Good luck and let us know what evolves.

• Upvote 1

Welcome. I've resided in Thailand (Bangkok) for the last 10 years. To work here legally (and ya gotta be legal - the government is making it harder and harder to be an illegal drifter), you have basically two paths to follow:

1. Get your self a job (in the US) with a multi-national corporation and get posted to Thailand, or
  2. Move here and become a teacher (which is pretty much the only profession legally open to us). You'll take a huge hit on the income going the teaching route.

The only other profession open to foreigners is professional chef. Hope you can cook :)

• Upvote 1

Welcome Kevin:

I am as taken with this mesmerizing country as you are - and the above is sound advice. Get posted in LOS from a worldwide company or get a job where you can fly out from BKK.

That'll be your best starting point - from then on? only your determination and skill set marks your limits :-)

• Upvote 1