Favorite Female Vocalist

The fucker had me going for a bit as well!

I like this Paula Cole 'Deepthroat' & she's well stuffable too, I got that thing going on in my loins!.. I'd never heard of her before, I must be getting all old & out of touch n' that.

Now here's one for everyone... Who's the FM's most stuffable female singers on the list so far?.. Who's chocolate box would you really like to throw a banger up??... No late entries please

I'm going this chick Paula Cole 1

Good olé' Kate Bush 2

Gabriella Cilmi 3

And Mary J Bligh 4

I think I'd especially like to ruin Mary J. Bligh's arsehole!

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Yeah, Paula Cole, I'd forgotten about her. She is a good singer. Great song by her too

As for BJ Snowden, I don't give a shit if some people think she is transcending, with purity and lack of guile. All I care about is whether or not she is a good singer, and homegirl flat out sucks in that regard. There are probably half a million housewives singing in their kitchens all across Canada and the USA who can sing ten times better than than Miss BJ.

B. J. Snowden's work has been labelled outsider music, and she was featured in Irwin Chusid's Songs in the Key of Z: The Curious Universe of Outsider Music (2000)

First I've heard thsi term. here's a desription of the genre.

Outsider music are songs and compositions by musicians who are not part of the commercial music industry who write songs that ignore standard musical or lyrical conventions, either because they have no formal training or because they disagree with formal rules. This type of music, which often lacks typical structure and emotionally stark, has few outlets; performers or recordings are often promoted by word of mouth or through fan chat sites, usually among communities of music collectors and music conoisseurs. Outsider musicians usually have much "greater individual control over the final creative" product either because of a low budget or because of their "inability or unwillingness to cooperate" with modifications by a record label or producer
  • 3 weeks later...

Right I'll have one more go with this Youtube thing... Phoebe Snow 'Poetry Man.

Loved Nico & has mentioned before Jonie Mitchell, Pimpy!.. And I think you're right with the Danish thing, but I can't be sure?

I remember Alison Moyet from before she was famous; a mate of mine used to drive Depeche Mode around & as they were a local band they used to come to some of our parties & stuff... Anyway, we all just thought, who's this weird fat, sweaty cunt?.. So we gave her a complete steer & blanked her... I feel really rotten about that now!.. don't suppose she cares much, she had the last laugh, look where she is now!

http://youtu.be/Rm8mf-fJOb8[/media]

Hey Lung, I like Florence's rendition of Addicted to Love. Very nice alternative to Robert Palmer.

agreed,a very original version of addicted to love....you're right about the androgynous look Lung,very TS.

I'm surprised nobody has mentioned Shirley Bassey,not exactly my cup of tea,but I gotta admit she's got an incomparable voice...this is one of my favourites...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gpgnFFf7PME&feature=player_detailpage[/media]

Good call on Nina Simone & Richard & Linda Thompson Lung...... great! :clapping:

I actually got to see Nina in a very small & intimate jazz club a long time ago. We were really excited & the fact that our table was just in front of her piano & I could've almost touched it we were so close. Before her set a tall woman dressed all in white with a large white turban came around to all the tables & left business cards for "Dr. Nina Simone" with a Paris address on them. Nina came out & gave a long rambling spiel why white people in the club should send money to that address! What I remember most about the evening is how she was constantly berating the drummer for not keeping tempo.... she would stop in mid song & bang her hand on the piano top yelling at him. (For the record he seemed fine & I assume he was a L.A. session musician, he seemed humiliated but said nothing & soldiered on.) The audience was very uncomfortable obviously.....

Here's another great singer who was a real piece of work..... Blossom Dearie.

Good call on Nina Simone & Richard & Linda Thompson Lung...... great! :clapping:

I actually got to see Nina in a very small & intimate jazz club a long time ago. We were really excited & the fact that our table was just in front of her piano & I could've almost touched it we were so close. Before her set a tall woman dressed all in white with a large white turban came around to all the tables & left business cards for "Dr. Nina Simone" with a Paris address on them. Nina came out & gave a long rambling spiel why white people in the club should send money to that address! What I remember most about the evening is how she was constantly berating the drummer for not keeping tempo.... she would stop in mid song & bang her hand on the piano top yelling at him. (For the record he seemed fine & I assume he was a L.A. session musician, he seemed humiliated but said nothing & soldiered on.) The audience was very uncomfortable obviously.....

Here's another great singer who was a real piece of work..... Blossom Dearie.

Nice choice Heef!

Wow... You actually saw Nina Simone... Actually witnessed the beast in the flesh!!!! :bow:

It's a shame Richard Thompson's not quuite obscure enough, I'd have loved to have put a load of stuff on the other thread... I'll do him when I eventually get around to the 'covers' thread... If I can get the pic thing working?

I don't know why Khun Lung struggles so with this.

It basically is just two bracketed words on each end of the url. The first one being "media" and the end one being "/media"

These are brackets: [ ]

For example, this time I won't use PDogg's little tv set button, rather just manually type in the brackets and copy and paste a url between them:

worked just fine. :clapping:

Face it Lung.... you'll never get the picture thing working. It's your destiny! :huh:

I think you're right Heef, this is going to be my cross to bear, wisdom Heef, wisdom!

I don't know why Khun Lung struggles so with this. It basically is just two bracketed words on each end of the url. The first one being "media" and the end one being "/media"These are brackets: [ ] For example, this time I won't use PDogg's little tv set button, rather just manually type in the brackets and copy and paste a url between them worked just fine. :clapping:

Thanks for still persevering with me Lefty (I know I'm frustrating at times), this is testament to your natural maternal nature! I've just tried your suggestion of an old post & it still didn't work?!

One more try... Carla Bruni, I'll never spell the title so I won't botter

http://youtu.be/1HCptmnM8J4