Interesting FMs we meet in the scene

bumblebee

Sounds like such a nice time with nice people.

Corner Bar is definitely now in my vision, and even though I cannot say when, I may have to hunker down there sometime. It would be good to do it when such nice folks are around and about.

Also, Chiang Mai. I went there in the 1990s twice on business, totally caught up in straight stuff even at night time. I loved the town and the places we went. But I never saw a bar much less a LB.

I'd love to go back now, and - especially if invited, for I'm a quiet chap and not intrusive - with our local hero Mr Uncle Lung and others such as Sam.

But I can't say when, even though it will not be soon, as there's just too much on my plate at the moment.

Ken,

Yes, Corner Bar is a great place to meet up early evening to enjoy the company of good friends and engage in interesting banter. I am sure you will like it. I haven't met anyone who felt the contrary.

I hope to get up to Chiang Mai during one of my next few trips. I have read a lot about it and it sounds appealing even though I hear rumors of someone's crazy uncle who runs around town without clothes.

Let us know when you've cleared your plate and plan an adventure to Pattaya and/or Chiang Mai. Be good to meet you.

SiamSam

Sounds like such a nice time with nice people.Corner Bar is definitely now in my vision, and even though I cannot say when, I may have to hunker down there sometime. It would be good to do it when such nice folks are around and about.Also, Chiang Mai. I went there in the 1990s twice on business, totally caught up in straight stuff even at night time. I loved the town and the places we went. But I never saw a bar much less a LB.I'd love to go back now, and - especially if invited, for I'm a quiet chap and not intrusive - with our local hero Mr Uncle Lung and others such as Sam. But I can't say when, even though it will not be soon, as there's just too much on my plate at the moment.

Ken, you've got an open invite mate; as & when you can make it, it would be lovely to see you up here!

It was such a shame that we so narrowly missed each other last time around, I was really looking forward to it... Same as Sam, I'll even offer to pick you up from the airport & help you sort out some digs if you like, how's that!

Ken,Yes, Corner Bar is a great place to meet up early evening to enjoy the company of good friends and engage in interesting banter. I am sure you will like it. I haven't met anyone who felt the contrary.I hope to get up to Chiang Mai during one of my next few trips. I have read a lot about it and it sounds appealing even though I hear rumors of someone's crazy uncle who runs around town without clothes. Let us know when you've cleared your plate and plan an adventure to Pattaya and/or Chiang Mai. Be good to meet you.SiamSam

I'm naked right now Sam.

While I'm here, I met up with 'Fridemagnet' (you've got to love anyone with a name like that) the other night in one of our local bars, he's a CMX resident too... And what an interesting chat we had.

I throughly enjoyed meeting up with you & your other half! It was great chat.

Anyone gets the chance to met this bloke, take it!... He's a really cool dude... A quite ageless, totally civilized & engrossing character!

Funny thing, we met in a local music bar, a very small, informal sort of place which at the time, because of it being early just wasn't very busy, at all... And apart from two female staff members the only two other chicks in the whole place were 'men' (Fridgemagnets other half & an old mate of mine's, standing right adjacent to us)... Apart from that there was just a small spattering of geezers floating about, plus musicians... Anyway, on the way out I nudged the Governor, a Wiley, old, ponytailed Alaskan who doesn't Miss a thing & said, "Fuck me, nobody comes in here with a real woman anymore, do they"... And his look was worth a million dollars, he didn't say a word, he just looked at me with his mouth wide open & his eyes looking like desert dishes, slowly shaking his head with his palms held out... He was lost, dumbfounded, completely speechless, stumpped... Maybe he'll rename the bar next week, who knows?

Ken, you've got an open invite mate; as & when you can make it, it would be lovely to see you up here!

It was such a shame that we so narrowly missed each other last time around, I was really looking forward to it... Same as Sam, I'll even offer to pick you up from the airport & help you sort out some digs if you like, how's that!

That's excellent Lung. Thank you. Much appreciated.

Yeh, I think it would be fun to head up there knowing I don't have to watch my behaviour like on those olden day trips, can relax, sniff out a LB or five. (Are there that many in CM?)

That's excellent Lung. Thank you. Much appreciated.

Yeh, I think it would be fun to head up there knowing I don't have to watch my behavior like on those olden day trips, can relax, sniff out a LB or five. (Are there that many in CM?)

Ken, it's LB central around here mate!.. I honestly don't know why I go elsewhere, other than for that extra added bit of anonymity, I suppose?

Ken, it's LB central around here mate!.. I honestly don't know why I go elsewhere, other than for that extra added bit of anonymity, I suppose?

LB Central sounds like my go.

Is that why you refer to your town as CMX: Chiang Mai Xcellent?

I'm into anonymity. Except where it concerns alcohol.

What's the opposite of Alcoholics Anonymous, by the way, is it

Alcoholics Anthusiastic

Alcoholics Aupublique

Alcoholics Alfresco

Alcoholics Amundo

...?

This is a bit late coming, but as I've been throwing a fair amount of abuse about on 'that other thread', I think it's probably about time that I balanced things out a little & said something nice... So here goes...

I've not long been back from Pattaya where I took the opportunity to meet up with a few FM's from this site, namely Lefty, Siam Sam & of course his eminence the Monsignor PDogg, who I'd already imposed myself upon beforehand on a previous sojourn (thanks for being so incredibly liberal with your Benmore's man)!

What a lovely bunch, I had a great time chatting & I kept going back to the Corner Bar for more, (in spite of it most definitely not being my end of town)!.. But then it’s the people that make a place, isn't it... I even hung around after everyone had left & got toughly pissed with the governor on his outrageously expensive imported wine (he was a very funny & quite lovely too)!

Lefty is most definitely one of the most interesting FM's I think most of you are ever going to get a chance to meet! We shared a somewhat twisted wit & way of looking at this world, plus the big fella’ most definitely has a charm all of his own!.. Everybody loves a gentle giant. What a shame he was off to the Philippines the next day, I would have loved him to have hung around!

Sam has the pose & demeanour of an old fashioned style of gent (in spite of not looking like one) & that's always appealed to me! I went back to the corner bar two or three times for a chat & Sam was always gracious enough to hang around & indulge me for much longer than he should have. I thoroughly enjoyed our conversations, especially about ‘old school’ animation!

Anyway, I'd most definitely look forward to meeting up with Khun Lefty or Sam again, anytime!.. And of course PDogg too. :hi:

Gosh Lung, what a sweet thing to say. I never thought of myself as interesting. More like I know what know, say what I think, and like what I like. I'm feeling a little verklempt...talk amongst yourselves...

Well, I've regained my composure, so allow me to retort. The feeling was pretty much mutual and I too wished I'd had more days to spend hanging out and conversing with you as well.

I've met so many really cool, good and honest fellows in my travels to SE Asia. I think it shows that while we may be mostly perverts, whore mongers and smut hounds, we can still have good hearts, care about people and be humanitarian too. :give_rose: