Real or photoshop?

JaiDee

For a start the style's wrong for either part of the world mentioned, it's 40's/50's north American or northern European, which in spite of being very much back in vogue, is still localized to those specific areas.

Unfortunately there's too much compression to really assess this low resolution picture properly; however, the dead giveaway for me is the line of the testis which overlaps into the thigh... That would never happen with a real tattoo, but it would with a carless pen or mouse line!

In addition I've never seen lettering that sloppy on a professionally done tattoo... Take a look at the very bottom ends of the straight letters & you'll see that they all lean over to the right like little tails; this is what happens if you are inexperienced with either a brush or a pen,(if you're right handed, of course). The reason why this happens is because there is a natural ark to any physical movement, so you have to train yourself to twist the instrument slightly in an opposite motion to compensate... Again, this just wouldn't happen with a tattoo gun!

Fake!.. It's a real tattoo which has been worked over. I suppose that inner thigh was just too much of a blank canvas to resist?

Nice comment Sam!